More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by TheScyle TheScyle

In all the variants of the multi-verse, where do these appear?

Normality SAO - Aincrad

The first day in the new world of Sword Art Online should be the downfall for many lives. For one guy however, it was the beginning of the most normal adventure of all times.

Peter Escroc breathed in deeply. It felt like coming home. He remembered the city on the first floor. After all he was a beta tester. However, he did not test much of the game. His testings were of a different kind. He was Galagil from an online community forum known for programming mods and plugins.

This time was not different. He managed to get himself to be a beta tester so he could get first hand information about the game beforehand, which he then send to the right people. And today was the day where all that should be payed off.

He was the guy selected to play and once again 'beta-test' their newest plugin. With this plugin he had one more inventory slot than other players. Earrings. Not the coolest slot, but it was in the beta after all. Once done it should give each player as many slots as they want to.

For the test however, they also installed another little thing. An item for him to download into his inventory. All he had to do was to go over behind the tavern and touch all the mossy stones from bottom to top.

Exactly that was what he now did. Instantly a pop up window opened informing him of the download. However, at about 60% it stopped and crashed. He tried it again but nothing happened. He opened his inventory. They were there. The name was stupid, however.

'#141-5R130-1L0-920Y Earrings'

Great. They were earrings, he could see that himself. The name however was useless. Well, at least it had a description.

"Hey there, Pete. These Earrings will help you in the game. They give you three powers. The first one is simple. Whatever you do will 01010111101010101010110101" and so on. Obviously it was just downloading that as it broke. Well at least he knew that he had three abilities with them, so it should be easy.

He selected and equiped them. That worked without a problem. However, in his list of skills nothing popped up. "Fuck that. So I can't use them. Meh, I guess I just log out and tell them it failed. We can retry later tonight."

And so he tried. And tried. The logout button has gone missing.

At that moment he was teleported into the giant place on the spawn area on Floor 1.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)