More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by JackOLantern JackOLantern

In all the variants of the multi-verse, where do these appear?

Normality - Senran Kagura

((All characters depicted have been sufficiently aged appropriately to be a minimum age of 18. Pretend that age range for a Japanese high school is a few years higher if you like.))

You let out a slightly exaggerated sigh as you slump in your seat and stare at the earrings in your hand. The earrings looked a bit tacky, N-shaped and gold. You got them in a package from your grandfather last night, who apparently passed away at his island resort. Despite all his wealth and fortune the only things you got in his will were these lousy earrings. They came with a note that was equal parts vague and infuriating. In it your grandfather encouraged you to wear the earrings yourself, that they were the reason he was such a fortunate man; but he left out how exactly they would do that.

You sigh again and look around the classroom. You still hadn’t quite gotten used to your new surroundings. The dark and very old décor of the Hebijo Clandestine Youth Academy was deceptive, as this school was surprisingly modern and well-maintained. It was also only recently a co-ed school, making the girls-to-boys ratio very skewed in favor of the former. You must admit, going to this school was a good idea for the eye-candy alone. The black-and-red uniforms of this academy were surprisingly skimpy. The tops exposed a slight sliver of midriff and the skirts were shockingly short. You almost went to Hanzo Academy instead. You’ve heard that the girls there were hot as hell but that academy has been co-ed for much longer, meaning more competition.

You stared once again at the earrings. How the hell were these supposed to give you fortune? And why did they have to stand out so fucking much. If they were just a little subtler, or just simple loops or even gems you might be able to get down with them. But giant, tacky, golden N’s? Not only did you not know how these things would bring you fortune, you would look absolutely ridiculous wearing them.

Although… you absently run your fingers along the small, white, mobius-strip insignia on the collar of your uniform. Not only marking you as a member of Hebijo’s Elite, but also one of Hebijo’s shinobi, to those who know. Being a shinobi-in-training who wields mystic powers to fight and move about the world unseen, you are certainly not skeptical to the idea of mystic artifacts that can grant powers.

Well, fortune favors the bold, I suppose. Without much more delay you decide to just put on the earrings, it would take a lot more than silly earrings to hurt your pride. Hell, some of the students might start doing it too just because one of the elite did it. You smile to yourself at the thought.

You don’t feel any different now that the earrings are on, though something like boosting one’s fortune would be more of a passive effect than an active one. The effects might not be immediately noticible. A glance around the room confirms that nothing has immediately changed. The teacher is still just going on about World War II, and the other students in the class have varying states of interest.

You puzzle over how you could even notice the effects of the earrings before realizing that the period is almost over. Your next period is shinobi training, perhaps Suzune-sensei will know more about them. At last you hear the bell chimes that mark the end of the period. After the teacher excuses the class you immediately leave and make your way to the hidden classroom.

As you walk down the halls you can’t help but get an eyeful of all the girls walking around you. You’ve always wondered what they feed these girls to make them so damn gorgeous. Every single one of them is more attractive than the last, and only a few of them could (and would) kill you without a second’s hesitation.

“Ippan.” You suddenly hear from behind you, you immediately recognize the voice as belonging to Imu, one of the other elite ninjas at the academy. Looking around casually to meet her gaze behind her glasses.

“Afternoon.” You give a slight bow.

Imu was reasonably attractive, with sandy-blonde hair, green eyes, fashionable glasses and not to mention an amazing body. She has a rather large forehead, though, which she apparently gets teased a lot for. You feel some attraction to her on a superficial level, but more than anything you’d consider her a friend. Besides she only has the hots for Miyabi, and something about trying to seduce someone who is actively pursuing someone else doesn’t sit right with you.

“I hear Suzune-sensei is going to have a special assignment for you.”

“Oh? Well it’s about time she gave me something to do. Training drills are getting pretty boring.”

“Training drills are extremely important!” Imu scolds.

“Yeah, yeah.” Is your only reply.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)