More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Circuitboard Circuitboard

In all the variants of the multi-verse, where do these appear?

Normality - Log Horizon

It was weird to say the least. One minute, the adventurers were walking around as usual, basically ignoring everything except when they stopped in shops. Then suddenly, all of them sort of blinked and vanished, only to reappear in different places surrounded by bright lights. The weird part though was after they all sort of collapsed, they started to panic among themselves.

'What happened?' Or 'how'd did I even end get here?' That really got my attention. I don't think I had ever heard any adventurer say anything other than basic phrases before then. I mean, they fought monsters and bought stuff and walked around the city, so why start panicking all of a sudden? Isn't weird stuff like this just what they do?

Just being a regular person here in Akihabara, I had learned after the first couple of days to just ignore them unless you had a job that needed doing or were selling something. Now, adventurers were coming up to me and asking all sorts of questions about what was going on. Of course I answered them as best I could, but mostly I didn't know what to do, so I just went about my business and hoped things would calm down. It took a few weeks, but things started to get calmer. There was a bit where everyone was getting ready to leave town, after some of the adventurers seemed to go crazy. Everyone knew someone who had been assaulted by an adventurer; sometimes other adventurers would pull them off, others they would join in.

No one had been killed, but people were starting to stay away from the city; the money and stuff you could get from adventureers was good, but not enough to risk actually getting into a fight with them. Then the adventurers announced something called 'The Round Table.' I don't really get what was going on; who can understand immortal, all powerful fighters, even if they do look like people? But according to my aunt, the Round Table was throwing all the bad guys out of town, and they had promised everyone that they would be treated fairly again.

And they had kept their word, even getting Princess Lenessia to take up residence in the city as an intermediary.

I'm Noburu, I'm 18 years old. I lived in a family of four; my mother, father, sister, and my aunt who occasionally drops by every now and then. When she has enough time to from her work. She's been all over Akihabara learning about these new machines the adventurers are suddenly building.

I'm kinda smart, a little outgoing, but mostly I don't do anything unless it's needed, or I'm to do it. People call me lazy from time to time, but I don't like to mooch off other people, so I always do what I need to, just not any more. Right now, I'm running an errand for my dad's shop, grabbing tools and supplies from a pawn shop.

"Yo! Noburu long time no see!" The shop owner greeted me with his usual cherry voice.

I greeted him with my usual wave, then started to gather the usual supplies, but as I did I fiddled around with stuff, seeing if there was anything interesting. I tried on a pair of silver earrings that where shaped like the letter 'N', thinking they would go with my name, but they were just kinda blah.

What happens now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)