More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Todd Remote Todd Remote

Who discovers this magical trinket?

Nicole

The family got down to the beach and began setting up their things. Daniel took Ranger to go check the family into their hotel. Scott followed Daniel inside to be shaded, and Emily just kept looking off onto the sands for hot guys she could hit on. Everyone seemed to be doing their own thing, except Rebekah, who helped Nicole set up the towels and umbrella.

The family had not been on any trips since Nicole was remarried. And with Rebekah likely leaving home next year, this would be the last trip the family would be able to go on. Nicole had noticed Rebekah continually drifting away from the family, and hoped that this would be a chance to bring her and everyone else closer together. But even now on the beach, that still seemed like a far off idea.

Rebekah had dressed modestly today, covering up with a long sleeve and jeans. Emily on the other hand was in a bright two piece that did very little to conceal her skin. Nicole wished that her youngest would have not brought such an outfit, something she would definitely talk to Emily about later. All Nicole could down now was worry for her young adult daughters.

Nicole's thoughts were interrupted by her eldest. "Mom, may I go down to the pier?" Rebekah asked. Nicole told her to be safe, and returned to the car for a few last supplies. When she returned, Rebekah was far from sight.

â€Ļ

Scott had convinced Daniel to stay up in the room so long as he unpacked everything. Emily had run off to flirt up some beachside boys.

Daniel returned to Nicole with a still very lively Ranger. She did not wish to take Ranger for a walk, since it would end up as a run, so Daniel left like he returned.

Nicole was alone on the beach, now. Many families on vacation were around, but none were hers. She looked out onto the ocean for a way to bring her family closer together, but she thought of nothing. The waves only reflected a bright-greenish glare into her eyes.

The glare did not move, it remained fixed on Nicole's face. And as she tried to shift around, some annoying light continued to make it's way into her eyes.

She stood up and began to follow it. That glare was not being moved or carried; Nicole would just shift who-ever's tin or mirror it was and return to her spot. But as she came closer to the waters, Nicole realised that this couldn't have been a container or mirror. A six edged emerald on a golden chain was moving back and forth in the shallows, it's reflection following Nicole's eyes. No one seemed to be around this one patch of sand and water so Nicole took the necklace back to her towel.

The necklace was shaded but still looked like it was in the light. Nicole did not want to leave everything unattended and leave this at any lost and found, nor did she think anyone would be honest on the necklace being theirs or not, so she decided to hold onto it until later.

For now, Nicole lied back down under her umbrella, with the necklace now settled on her chest, and rested. She waited for some of her family to return.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)