More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by aroes aroes

Where does Brigit go first? Or does Bridget get unexpected guests first?

New Roommate

As I walked to the door, I heard a quiet knock at it from outside, followed by another. I opened the door a crack, and saw a single male, about my own age, at the door. He was holding some luggage of some sort in his hands and had a polite smile on his face. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a short-sleeved shirt. His hair was cut short and was even taller than I was; likely at around 6' 3”, if not taller.

I found myself smiling at him, before opening the door further and saying "Hi. I was not expecting visitors, and was about to go out for a bit... can I help you?"

After a brief pause, he turned to look at me for a moment, and I could feel his gaze as he scanned me. I'd complain, if not for the fact I got to do just that a moment ago; As it was I found myself posing for him in the doorway, one hand on the open door, the other on the frame. I told myself to put it together; I've just met him, so why am I acting like I need to get him to like me; Surely, it's not like I'm on a date, right?

"I can see that...Oh, sorry. I should introduce myself. I'm Michael. I saw your advert online for a roommate and thought I should see the place first. I did not even think of calling ahead. May I come in... Brigit? I’d be just a moment, I promise."

With a sigh, I let go of the door with my right hand and allow it to swing open the rest of the way. "You promise it would be just a moment?" I inquire of him before continuing, "Ok, I suppose I could let you check it out. I was kind of hoping for another young woman to share the space, to be honest, but I could put up with seeing you more often, hmm?" I said, with my head tilted slightly to the side and a smile on my face. I pause, surprised at myself - Did I just flirt with him?

I watch as Michael walked inside, with the rolling briefcase being wheeled behind him. I absent mind-idly wonder why he has a suitcase with him if he was just planning on checking it out. I forgot that though only moments later, as I realized he must have a reason to bring it with him. "Thanks, Brigit. I hope I'm being too much of a bother ...", he trailed off and started walking toward the living space. I closed the door behind him before falling into step behind him, choosing to walk slightly to his right.

I watch, following as he silently checked out the Living Room, followed by the dining room, kitchen, and then finally the Bedroom. "Nice place... you live here by yourself? I'd expect it could get lonely."

"Thanks", I reply, my smile growing at the praise, letting my white, straight teeth shine, " I just finished moving in myself." Another pause, this time both of us staring into each other’s eyes. I shook my head slightly. I can't be falling for him this fast, can I? I choose to push forward saying "And yes, I do; I live here alone at the moment. I can't say if I would be lonely, as I have never had my own place before. That’s part of the reason I put out the announcement for a new roommate. That, and the cost of living here is higher than I had expected. Here, let me show you what your room looks like. . . I mean, if I accept you as a new roommate".

He nods, before darting around me, quickly moving to the next room. I let out a sigh, before dashing to keep up, and find him heading into the mostly empty room and say, "This is it. It's slightly smaller than my room, but has plenty of space for you, I imagine. I hope you find it to your liking".

"I'm sure it would do. Not to rush you, but I don't have a place to stay for the night, and much like you, I've just moved into the area myself. I know we just met, but I hope you’d be willing to accept me in your home, at least for the night, if not as a roommate. I'd appreciate it."

Do I let him stay the night?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)