More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Shadow7622 Shadow7622

Who finds the necklace?

Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto has just stormed away from his team and the bridge builders family after getting in a verbal fight the builder's grandson. Naruto went looking for a clearing out in the forest to let off some steam, and get some training in as well. As he walked deeper into the forest, he found a mid sized clearing with a small river running by the far side. It looked like the perfect spot.

After many hours of training, Naruto decided to take a break. The river look refreshing, so he went over to clean himself of all the sweat and dirt that was clinging to him. After removing his clothes and hiding them under a rock so no one that come past could easily find his staff, he dived in and relaxed for a bit, enjoying the cold current.

After 5 minutes of cleaning and 20 or so minutes of relaxing, Naruto climbed out of the river, using a large rock on the side of the river as a hand hold to lift himself out. Just as he got out the rock came loose and fell in to the river, almost sending him tumbling back in. After regaining his balance, a shiny reflection caught his eye, and looking down he saw that the rock had concealed a small metal box with a strange symbol on it: three crescent moons on the inside with the ends all pointing outwards, and between the ends of the crescent moons a single dot that looked like the sun, and surrounded by a thin circle.

With nothing else better to do, his natural curiosity surfaced, and he decided to try and open the strange box after he put on his clothes. With his 'kill me orange' clothes back in place, and feeling refreshed from his swim, he first tried to pull open the box, but all he did was give himself sore fingers. Next, he tried using a rock bash the box open, but on his ninth try he hit his own fingers. Throwing the rock into the river, he decided to try using a kunai to pry open the box, but after another couple minutes of trying to get the kunai under the lid of the box, the kunai slipped and cut open his thumb.

A small drop of his blood dropped on the the symbol on top of the box as he pulled his hand away to look at the wound. When the blood hit the symbol, the box suddenly glowed a bright red, then blue and finally yellow for a couple of seconds, almost blinding him. After the light died down, and after a few minutes spent blinking the spots out of his eyes, Naruto noticed that the box had popped open. Looking inside, he saw a crimson red gem in the shape of an 'N' that was connected to a golden orange chain.

He looked in the box for anything else, but there was nothing. What a ripoff, especially after he cut himself and everything! With nothing else to show for it, he decided to try on the necklace to see if it would fit him; at least it matched his name. Trying it on, he took a look at it in the reflective waters of the river. It was nothing special, but he supposed it looked ok. He decided to take it off, and maybe see if it worked with any outfits after he got home. However, as he tried to unhook the chain it sealed itself together, and the chain somehow was suddenly shorter, like a choker, so it couldn't be pulled off without unhooking it.

After an hour of trying to get to necklace off, it started to get dark. Realizing he needed to get back to his team, Naruto began heading back to them. Perhaps one of them would know what to do about this, and if not he could try again in the morning.

What happens in the morning?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)