More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

What's next?

Life Day!

[Spoiler Warning: This piece of mildly amusing fluff will contain spoilers for Episode IX. Go see it first!]

“Are you sure she’ll find it funny?”

“Probably. She needs cheering up, it’s been half a year.”

Rose considered Connix from across the holotable. They were sat in a freighter, cutting through hyperspace. It wasn’t as fast as the Falcon - it was old, from the time of the Clone Wars, and hadn’t enjoyed the loving refurbishment the Falcon had over the decades. Even with the war mainly over, the Resistance - Rose still thought of it as such, even if they weren’t quite resisting as much as rebuilding - was working with old tech.

“How do you know they don’t have Life Day on Jakku?” was her next question.

“It’s a dustball, filled with scrap.” Connix shrugged. “Not many parties. Come on, it’ll be fun!”

***

Sweat ran down Rey’s back, under the fabric of her tunic. Savareen had been hot, humid, and the sand - it was always a desert planet, wasn’t it - had been coarse, irritating, and had got everywhere.

She was happy to be stripping down, finding her way into the shower. It wasn’t quite the luxurious type one found on Chandrila or Coruscant - the cubicle was narrow and tall Chewbacca wouldn’t have fit in it.

_Neither would Ben have, _came the unbidden thought.

Rey smiled, even as she felt tears well in her eyes. She missed the tall, wide presence of her enemy/soulbond.

Shrugging it off - Ben would have wanted her to carry on - Rey stripped, quickly and efficiently. She let the clothes fall onto the floor willy-billy; she’d have to wash them anyway, no point in neatness.

After a few seconds, the water ran hot, and Rey relaxed her muscles under it. Even after a time, showers were still wonderful to her - Jakku had never offered such a luxury.

She was so relaxed, she didn’t hear, nor notice through the voice, the two other women on the ship sneaking toward the shower.

Showering in one of these stories? What could possibly go wrong?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)