More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Acorn142 Acorn142

What does he do?

Leave and go to town

Xabar gathers what few personal possessions he has and carries them in his napsack as he leaves the place that has been his home for his entire life. As the door slams shut behind him, reality begins to sink in, and for the first time in his life, he does not have a scheme, plan, or even any thought of stability.

“Could I really have brought all this upon myself?” he asks, feeling a wave of remorse. Finding the sensation entirely too unbareable, he dismisses the thought and tells himself, “They’ll come to their senses soon enough and realize they were too harsh on me. It’s really my father’s fault for not making drawing clearer boundaries, after all. Once he realizes how much he misses me, he’ll get the faculty to change their minds, and they’ll be begging to have me back!”

The only problem is what to do until that happens. Truthfully, Xabar hadn’t really planned much for what he would do after graduation. That was weeks away, and although he was a great one for schemes, the planning rarely developed much further than obtaining his immediate goal — which was usually a girl, a drink, or something valuable and interesting that he coveted.

He looks around the streets surrounding Häzadertroth’s Academy, trying to decide what to do. His father suggested he could stay with his mother, but the prospect of facing his half-sister and listening to her berate him for being expelled didn’t sit too well with him. Still, he could possibly endure it for a few days until he figured something else out.

He licks his dry lips and glances to his left toward the tavern that the older Häzadertroth’s students have been known to frequent. A drink would be most welcome right now, and at this early hour, it’s unlikely he would encounter any of his classmates — former classmates, that is.

To his right he sees the town marketplace, busy with merchants and potential customers milling about.

What does he do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)