More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Mr. E Mr. E

Where do we find Lauren to begin?

Lauren is playing poker

"Next victim!" Lauren shouted out to the crowd in the bar she was currently in, scooping up the large pile of money and stuffing it into her purse as the young man she was playing cards with sighed in defeat.

Lauren was quite the card shark, discovering that she had a real knack at playing poker. She was the undefeated champion in this town, whipping every man and woman who came to challenge her. She had built up quite the reputation as "The Queen of Hearts", and never lost a single game!

Oh, sure, she lost a hand every once and awhile, but since she always played for keeps, she would always end up winning them back in the end.

Lauren looked around at the bar again to see who would challenge her next. Much to her amusement, every man and woman in the bar was either showing absolutely no interest, or were muttering with one another about whether or not to challenge Lauren... Again.

All except for one woman with blonde hair and green eyes who sat at the bar. She was in a black t-shirt, a blue denim skirt, a red coat, white cowboy boots, and a Stetson. The woman poured herself a glass of whiskey before downing the shot.

"Well then." Lauren said as she placed her bag over her shoulder, "Since everyone here tonight is too chicken, broke, stupid, or any combination of the three, I'll just take my winnings and - "

"I'm in."

The crowd gasped as Lauren looked up in surprise, all eyes turning towards the bar. It was the woman at the bar who spoke as she got up from the bar, sauntering over to the table as Lauren sat back down.

"Ah," Lauren said with a cocky smirk, "fresh meat. And just who do you think you are, Cowgirl?"

"Name's Rose Stevenson." The woman drawled as she sat down. "I'm from out of town. Missouri, if you must know."

"Well then, Ms. Rose," Lauren said as she shuffled the deck, "pick your poison. And because I want to be fair, I'm nothing like the card players in your little backwoods town."

The crowd gasped at the jab as they turned to Rose. Surprisingly, the woman didn't seem phased as she rolled her eyes before shaking her head.

"Fair enough." Rose said coolly. "I choose the classic Texas hold 'em. And because I want to be fair," she gave a knowing grin, "I play it just a little differently."

"How so...?" Lauren asked as she set the cards back down, raising an eyebrow quizzically.

"Well," Rose explained, "I normally use chips or money. But when I find a good opponent, I like to up the stakes a bit."

"Really?" Lauren asked, not even remotely interested. Narrowing her eyes, she added, "Just get to the point already, you hillbilly!"

"When I find a worthy opponent," Rose said, ignoring Lauren's insult, "we use clothes as wagers. First one to be as naked as a jay bird loses and has to do a forfeit for the winner."

The entire bar was quiet. You could hear a pin drop from the lack of noise. This was soon broken as Lauren began to cackle for a few minutes before wiping a tear from her eye, turning back to Rose with a shake of her head.

"And here I thought you were serious..." Lauren said with a chuckle. The woman then cleared her throat and said, "I'm not going to be playing strip poker with you!"

"Fine by me." Rose said with a shrug. She then gave a confident grin as she added, "Although, a chicken is the last thing I would have thought would describe you."

"Ooh..." The crowd said collectively as Lauren glared angrily at her. Who did this woman think she was for calling her a chicken?!

"On second thought," Lauren spat venomously as she sat back down, "I'm in. And for the record, I play for keeps. So, I hope you don't mind the chilly air biting your naked butt when you're walking back home!"

"Duly noted..." Rose said as she took off her hat and placed it on the table. "Place your first bet. Jewelry counts, but a single earring only counts as half an item."

Lauren looked down in thought at her current attire. She was wearing a black, leather jacket, a pair of silver earrings, a long black skirt, and a blue blouse. Under that, Lauren wore her underwear, padded bra, and spanx. She also had a pair of special made boots that brought her from 4'7" to 5'3", and a pair of black, knee high socks.

Lauren smirked as she removed her earrings and sat them onto the table. "Let's do this..."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)