More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Mr. E Mr. E

Where do we find Lauren to begin?

Lauren is camping

Lauren groaned as she hiked through the wilderness. She hated camping! As Lauren looked up she could see three of her coworkers already ahead of her at the campsite. Two of her coworkers, Samantha and Martha, were busy setting up their tents. The third coworker, Emily Sinclair, was on her cellphone. Lauren groaned, she and Emily never got along at work. In fact, one wouldn’t have been wrong to describe them as mortal enemies, even if it was Lauren who was the instigator ninety percent of the time. Samantha and Martha were just Emily’s best friends and cronies who Lauren looked down upon as a couple of idiots; even with Samantha's PhD in psychology and Martha’s membership in Mensa.

Nonetheless, Emily had decided to extend the proverbial olive branch and invite Lauren on their annual camping trip. Truthfully, the only reason Lauren had agreed to Emily’s invitation was because of the inclusion of Emily’s hot brother, Kevin, who she had planned to swoon; a fact that she openly stated when she accepted the invite, despite knowing full well about Samantha’s crush on him.

Unknown to Lauren, Emily was using this as the perfect chance to humiliate Lauren in front of her younger brother, knowing full well that Lauren would never live it down. As a final blow to her rival’s pride, she had also planned to set up Sam and Kevin; a plan that only Emily and Martha knew anything about.

Right now, however, Emily was finishing up a conversation with her brother, nodding before hanging up. “Okay,” she called out to the others, “Kev said that he would be running a little late. He should he here in about twenty minutes.”

“Well,” Lauren scoffed, “at least one good thing is going to come out of this nightmare.” The twenty-year old closed her eyes as she sat down on a log, fanning herself from the heat.

Samantha glared at the woman and was about to say something when the nineteen-year old saw something. At Lauren’s feet was a small garter snake slithering past her boots. Sam had a soft spot for animals, especially reptiles, and slowly made her way over to Lauren in an effort to remove it from the campsite.

Lauren opened her eyes as she glared at the younger woman. “And just what do you think you’re doing, you stupid – “Lauren heard a light hissing noise as she looked down. When she saw the animal, her eyes went wide as she screeched, “Snake!”

Lauren screamed as she leaned back on the log, flailing her arms. However, due to the weight of her backpack, Lauren found herself tumbling backwards off the log and down a hill, leaves and twigs getting caught in her hair as she rolled down the side. The woman soon came to a stop at the bottom of the hill, her entire body landing head first into a bush. As the others came to the hillside to check on her (they wanted to humiliate Lauren, not hurt her), Lauren let out a groan.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)