More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Mr. E Mr. E

Where do we find Lauren to begin?

Lauren is a hobo

Lauren couldn't believe all that had gone down in the span of a week.

Once she was a wealthy, stuck up, greedy, holier than thou prima donna who was in charge of a multimillion dollar company. She would flaunt her wealth anytime she got the chance too, often rubbing it into the faces of her middle-class employees. Needless to say, Lauren was not a very popular boss, many of her workers believing that she was acting way too immature for her supposed age of twenty-three.

Opinions on Lauren got even lower when word got around about what happened with her family. Now, it was no secret that Lauren's sister and mother, Vanessa and Natasha Adkins, were every ounce as greedy as Lauren was. Some even said they were far MORE greedy than Lauren! But when Lauren had said that the "fat, stupid, gold digging bimbo" and "the ugly, money hungry crowne" would only get a single dime of her fortune was if she had gotten a full-frontal lobotomy, many who never even heard of Lauren instantly hated her the moment that she was brought up in conversation. Natasha was so enraged that she actually disowned Lauren, writing the woman out of her will.

Lauren had actually laughed at that course of action. What did she care? She made more money in an hour than Natasha made in a year! She was loaded!

And then that fateful day. Lauren had gotten quite cocky as she searched through possible investments when one suddenly caught her eye. A chocolate flavored brand of toothpaste that was said to reduce cavities by seventy-nine percent. Lauren realized that if this product was out on the market for little brats that hated to brush their teeth, or just people who had a big sweet tooth, she would make nearly quadruple the amount of money she made now! With a cocky grin, Lauren had invested every last penny she had into the product, sitting back to watch the money roll in!

Unfortunately, things didn't go the way that she had hoped. For starters, when the product was used in focus groups with children, eighty said that it was just as disgusting as the stuff their parents had tried to them to brush with. Another four were sent to the hospital for an allergic reaction which resulted in the company being sued by the angry parents. And if that wasn't enough, according to recent medical tests, the product did not actually reduce cavities by seventy-nine percent, but rather increase cavities by NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT!

And then, if it couldn't get bad enough, Lauren received an email from the owner of this asinine products, claiming that he had to shut down production due to losing too many funds. Lauren's heart sank as she whimpered. The company had just gone bankrupt... And she had lost everything!

At first, Lauren tried to call her sister and mother to see if they could help bail her out. However, it seemed that Natasha was true to her words, with neither woman wanting anything to do with her. Lauren then tried to persuade her employees to help her, but since she had made far more enemies than friends, not a single one came to her aid. In fact, over ninety-eight percent of had turned in their resignation letters, claiming to know a sinking ship when they saw one. The other two percent simply stuck around to watch the CEO go down in flames.

Which was why Lauren was now sitting in a refrigerator box in a wooded lot in what used to be her rich, high class neighborhood. She had lost everything! Her money, her house, her belongings! Everything except the clothes on her back when the repo men came! Which weren't really helping the situation as, not only were they tattered and torn from being worn for a week, but they consisted of a white t-shirt, blue jeans, her spanx (which hid her chubby butt and pudgy belly), her padded bra (which brought her from her measly flat chest to a 32 DD), and her platform boots (which added six inches to Lauren's height, bringing her from 4'4" to 4'10"; this also included two inserts that added an additional three inches, bringing Lauren's "full height" to 5'1").

Lauren glared angrily as she saw that someone had bought her old house, grinding her teeth softly. There had to be a way that she could get her old life back! Or at the very least, get back something that was close to it. But what?!

That was when Lauren came up with an idea, one that made her chuckle sinister as she berated herself for not thinking of it sooner.

What is her plan?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)