More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by blackclover77 blackclover77

Whose clothes are coming to life and what happens?

James and the magic book

A bell chimed as James entered a musty, old anitique shop. Dust could be seen floating through the air as sunlight peered through the smudged windows. Why anyone would enter a shop as unkempt as this would be anybody's guess, but James was a young man and a sucker for the mysterious and unordinary. James wandered the halls of this antique shop with a keen eye looking for something interesting. He passed by some voodoo dolls, shrunken heads, small statues, real stuffed animals, and more, but nothing really piqued his interests.

That is until he found a dusty old book with a leather cover and unknown words on the front, however it was held shut by two gold locks. "Oh, I wonder what's in this book?" James said inspecting it. "I should probably find the store owner." James then spotted an old man in the back room opening up some boxes. "Um sir, I'd like to buy this book from you if that's ok."

Turning around the old man had telescopic lenses, bushy eyebrows, a huge beard, and looked as if he was squinting. "Oh hello there sonny, I don't usually get visitors here anymore. Now what can I help you with?" James stared at him wondering how a man of his stature and age was still running a shop asked, "Uh yes, I was wondering how much that book is over there?" "I'm afraid that item is not for sale sonny, I can't find the darn keys for that thing and the book is falling apart. I was actually going to put it away." "Awww are you sure? I'll pay top price for it." James said.

Thinking for a bit the old man then said, "I don't know why you'd want that garbage, but I'll sell it to you for $50, what do you say?" "Deal! I'll find a way to open that book anyways." James said. "Well I hope you found what you were lookin' for, just letting you know there's no refunds." the old man said. "Yeah, yeah its fine." James said before purchasing it and heading home.

After buying it, James was excited as can be wondering what was in the book. When he eventually got home he took off his shoes and began thinking on how he was going to open the book. He tried opening the book with his bare hands, then tried opening it with some screw drivers, before trying other tools to pry it open. All of which proved to no avail after 3 hours. "If I knew it was going to be this hard, I wouldn't have bought it." he thought to himself. Holding up the book he started shaking it in anger saying, Why won't you open?!?!" Then suddenly a page fell out of the book.

"Huh, what's this?" James said picking up the page. The page was titled "Attire Animation" which was followed by a list of directions on what to do, how to do it, and what it affects. On the bottom of the page it said to not attempt if you were a beginner as unintended side effects may occur along with other words that weren't in English. James was astounded; here he thought he found a wealth of knowledge locked inside a book only to find out it was probably some made up magic book someone wrote with too much time on their hands.

Grabbing the page, he was thinking of throwing that and the book out when he decided to do the "spell" anyways to humor it. Reading a little bit more it said the spell would affect any article of clothing. He then thought to himself on what to pick.

What clothing does James affect?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)