More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Mrwhysper Mrwhysper

Which is how you wound up here

In the city lockup

You look around the inside of the holding cell and mutter under your breath, not for the first time, that life is just totally unfair. It was just a Three Card Monte game. It’s not like you were really doing anything wrong. Why the hell do the cops feel the need to go after an honest low rent criminal when the streets are filled with gang bangers, heavy duty thugs, and pimps? Not that you have anything against pimps, your uncle was a hell of a guy before AIDS took him out.

You’ve been printed, processed, and arraigned but at least the prints came back as belonging to Marcus Woolshire instead of Jimmy Nibornski. One more alias burnt. At least you still have Darius, Lazlow, and Ryan for when you get out and skip town. If you get out. Speaking of which Beth should be here by now.

“Woolshire! You made bail.” The screw’s voice is like nails on a chalkboard. Aren’t cops supposed to be tough? Jesus, this guy sounds like fucking Gilbert Godfried.

Beth, your younger sister, is waiting for you at the desk. Of course, right now she’s actually Erica Woolshire. You’re given your belongings, which amount to your jacket, shoes, a deck of playing cards, your belt, and an iPhone 6, all wrapped up in a ziplock bag. As you slip your shoes on, a pair of beat up New Balance, Beth just glares at you. The desk sergeant reminds you that your trial date is in three weeks, and the two of you get the bum’s rush out of the station into the cool November air of Duluth, Minnesota.

As you fumble with your phone, turning it on, Beth starts in on you. “Of all the stupid shit to get busted for, you get nailed for Find the Lady? Jesus, Jimmy, that’s your second strike here. We’re gonna have to skip town if you get popped with a fine.”

You just shake your head as the familiar Apple logo pops up on your screen. “I know... but we just need one big score to finish off paying for mom’s chemo.” You sigh, and start trudging down Third Street toward the Endion neighborhood, Beth falling in behind you and continuing her tirade. That’s when your phone plays a tone you don’t recognize. You pull it out of your pocket and look down to see an unfamiliar app on the screen.

Do you look at the app?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)