More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by ChocolateAxek ChocolateAxek

Where is the Normality Dial?

In a world that is already slightly changed from the original world

*I made a small change to one of the rules. I won’t say what it is since it’ll come up eventually in the story.

Ben left his house with a list of things to buy from the nearby grocery store, Pubmax. Ben knew that he would get into serious trouble if he didn’t go to the store, not to mention the fact that there was nothing left in the house to eat. Ben lived with his Aunt Jenna who took him in after his mom and dad died in a car accident. Ben was in the car too but somehow survived the crash while both of his parents did not. Ben had been living with Aunt Jenna for a few years now, but she was always busy with work. Jenna often came home late and worked weekends pursuing different cases. The life of a detective isn’t an easy one. It was a shame because Ben wanted to eat her cooking from time to time. It was only normal for women to be good at cooking after all. Thankfully, she was at the house today since it was her day off, so Ben took her keys and drove to the store.

Ben quickly searched the different aisles at the store and found everything on the list. Ben even added a couple of extra items for himself as well. His aunt didn’t mind as long as the total wasn’t too expensive. Ben was in the mood for some pudding as well, so he bought a pack of it and made his way to one of the cashiers. Ben recognized that Kate was working today. Ben didn’t come around often but when he does, he always likes to talk to Kate since she was a pleasant person to talk to for a few minutes, he interacts with her before leaving the store. Not to mention that she was super-hot with big breasts that bounced and shake with even the slightest movement, long crimson red hair that flowed down her back, and luscious lips that Ben couldn’t help but want to kiss. Ben knew that she was a couple of years older than him but knew that she was far too out of his league for him to have a chance. Not to mention that he didn’t have a job, so he wouldn’t be able to take her out on many good dates. Ben was lost in thought for a few seconds until Kate’s cheery voice knocked him out of his fantasies.

“Hey, what’s up Ben? You’re staring off into space pretty hard there?”

Ben couldn’t possibly say that he was thinking about dating her, so he quickly lied.

“Oh, I stayed up last night playing video games so I might be a bit tired.” Ben didn’t sound nearly as convincing as he thought he should’ve been. Luckily, Kate didn’t question it as she continued the conversation.

“I’m not into playing video games, but I have started taking some swimming classes to become a better swimmer.”

Ben couldn’t help himself from picturing Kate's awesome body in a red bikini and his mouth started to water.

“You know I’m thinking of quitting this job and getting something a little more fulfilling to do,” Kate said as she scanned the last of my items and started bagging everything up.

Ben didn’t want her to go since all the other cashiers at this Pubmax were usually cranky or expressionless, not to mention that she was again super-hot. Ben still wanted to be supportive, so he told her that he wishes her luck.

“Thanks, you’re my last customer for the day since my boyfriend is already here to pick me up.”

“Wait, what?”

Ben didn’t even have time to process this new information as a handsome man wearing a green suit walked over to Kate and began making out with her. Ben was stunned as Kate pulled him closer and kissed him back more passionately. Ben awkwardly got his packaged groceries and made his way out of the store refusing to look at the passionate couple. Ben put the groceries into the car and drove straight home thinking about how Kate was probably leaving the store and already had a handsome boyfriend as well.

“Life isn’t fair,” Ben says as he leaves the car and starts putting the groceries up. Ben made his way through all the bags and found something unusual in one of the bags. It was a strange watch with some symbols on it. Ben wondered how this got into his bag since he didn’t pick it up anywhere not to mention that Pubmax didn’t sell watches anyway. Ben decided to just keep it since he didn’t know who it belonged to and he kind of wanted a watch anyway. Ben looked at the watch and saw that it had the wrong time on it too. It was 6:13, so Ben tried to fix the time to the correct time but couldn’t seem to do it no matter how hard he tried. The watch would only land on the 12 or 3, so he decided to just leave it at 6:15. Ben thought that it sucked that the watch he bought was already broken as he made dinner for himself and his aunt. Ben didn’t usually cook dinner for the both of them since he wasn’t a good cook, and his aunt wasn’t there to eat the food anyway. Ben made meatball subs since it was quick and easy to make. After finishing up dinner, Ben called his aunt over to eat before it got cold. Aunt Jenna was strangely cold to Ben today. Usually, when Ben made dinner, she would smile and thank him for the meal before eating the food. Today, she didn’t even acknowledge my existence as she ate the food. Ben tried starting some conversations with her, but it was met with a lack of interest and one-word answers. Eventually, dinner finished, and Ben went up to his room thinking about how strange his aunt was acting. Maybe something happened that he was unaware of, either way, Ben would think about it tomorrow as he went to bed and fell fast asleep.

“Where is my watch?” said Jake as he looked around the room frantically.

“Oh, that broken thing, I took it off you while we were making out earlier,” says Kate as she sat up from the bed.

“You’re going to have to be more specific, we made out at a lot of places today.”

“When you came to pick me up at work today. I managed to slip it off of you without you noticing and placed it in someone’s groceries.”

“Why in the hell would you do something like that? I’m sure that you love me right.”

“I do love you which is why I’m annoyed that you’ve been spending so much time with your family. I know they’re just as hot as I am so why do you keep running to them instead of me.”

“You’re all a part of the harem I created besides do you have any idea how valuable that watch is?”

“No?”

“It’s priceless. If I had to pick one thing to own and give everything else up, then I would choose that watch in a heartbeat.”

“I’m sorry babe but it’s gone now so how about we get back to cuddling instead.”

“How about you tell me who has so I could grab it before they figure out the true worth of the watch.”

Kate sighs, “Some random guy named Ben has it but I don’t know who he is or where he lives so you’re out of luck.”

“Can’t you just find him at your job tomorrow?”

“He comes around once a month, so you’re going to be waiting awhile in that case.”

“Anything else you can tell me.”

“I think he mentioned to me once that he was a high schooler but other than that I’ve got nothing.”

“Damn, giving the abilities of a master thief to you was a mistake on my part.”

“How dare you! These abilities are the result of my blood, sweat, and tears. Don’t take credit for them!”

“All of my actions have consequences now too. I miss the watch already. I only just got it too.”

What's in store next for our MC?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)