More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by thestarwarrior thestarwarrior

Where has the book shown up?

In a village under siege.

Enna ran deeper into the burning city as the large wooden walls that surrounded it came crumbling down. Within moments a massive Viking hoard poured in through the breaches, killing men and calming women. The eighteen-year-old madden didn't dare turn around as the sounds of screams filled the air. She needed to get to the center of town, behind the secondary wall before the town guard closed the gate.

Once the gate was in sight, the young woman lifted the lip of her skirt and ran as fast as she could. For a moment, she felt that she was going to make it, that salvation was just a few feet away when suddenly an arrow zipped past her head. It struck the man in front of her, diving deep into his back and straight into his heart. Enna didn't have time to react as the man fell dead in front of her. She stumbled over his corps and fell face-first into the mud, her long golden braid flinging forward as if it was making a attempt to save its self.

Though unharmed, Enna found herself entangled in the dead man's limbs. She was eventually able to free herself, but by the time she pulled her legs out from under the man's arm, the town guards had already closed the gate, taping her outside with the barbarian hordes.

Looking back, she could see the Vikings rushing towards her, only stopping to grab a helpless boy or ravage a poor woman. Quickly she looked around for another avenue of escape, that's when she spotted a nearby church with its large door still cracked open. It wasn't the best place to hide, but she didn't have many options as the Vikings drew closer.

Quickly she ran for the church, trying her best not to trip over her raged skirt, and squeezed her way between the two doors. Once inside, she closed the massive door behind her and barred it shut. For the moment, Enna was safe, though not for much longer. She knew that most churches were filled with some manner of valuables, be it golden adornments, holy relics, or in her case, unspoiled maddens.

Where dose she go from here?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)