More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by ThomasMoro ThomasMoro

What's next?

Hilary finds a genie

"Hey, Ashley," said Hilary. "Look at this old lamp I found at the antique store. It looks like something out of an old movie, doesn't it?"

"Yes, it does, Hilary," said Ashley. "Almost like something out of the Arabian Nights."

"I wonder what would happen if I were to rub it," said Hilary. "Do you think a genie might come out?"

"I doubt it," said Ashley. "Things like that don't happen in real life."

"I'm going to rub it anyway and see what happens," said Hilary.

With that, Hilary Banks rubbed the strange brass lamp she had pursued and found herself pleasantly surprised to see a strange purple mist emerging from the lamp itself. A mist that eventually transformed into the form of a genie!

"Hey, look!" said Ashley. "It's cousin Will."

"That can't possibly be cousin Will," said Hilary. "He's a big movie star now. He couldn't possibly have time to be a genie."

"Your wish is my command," said the genie, who, indeed, bore a strange resemblance to the man Hilary and Ashley had once known as cousin Will.

"Yeah, that definitely doesn't sound like cousin Will," said Ashley.

"How many wishes do I get?" asked Hilary.

The genie just looked at Hilary. "You don't fool around, girl."

"The name is Hilary and again, how many wishes do I get?" asked Hilary.

"Three," said the genie. "But --"

"Oh, be careful, Hilary," said Ashley. "You see this situation in old movies all the time. A person gets three wishes from a genie and they end up making their life worse because they wish for the wrong things."

"Oh, that won't happen to me," said Hilary. "Now let's see. The first thing I wanna wish for is a new dress. But not just any dress. The same dress that the current First Lady is wearing at this very instant. That way I know it's in fashion."

"Are you sure about that wish?" asked the genie.

"Of course I am," said Hilary. "I wish to be wearing the same thing that the First Lady is wearing right now, only in my size and in a suitable color."

"Okay," said the genie.

There was a puff of smoke and then ...

"Hilary!" cried Ashley. "What happened?"

Hilary looked down and said to the genie, "That's what I want to know. What the hell happened?"

"Well, I did mention that the current First Lady was taking a shower right now, didn't I?" asked the genie.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)