More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What happens to Claire?

Helping people goes too far

It seemed like there was a new disaster every day in New York. Working at the hospital, Claire got front row seats every time. Multiple people kept getting rushed into the ER, and then upstairs.

The city had heroes at least. There were countless people out there dealing with whatever today's problem was. She just did her part, keeping the innocent bystanders in shape, and helping any of the heroes that ended up in her care. Such as-

She pushed a curtain open, to see one Jessica Jones sitting up impatiently on a hospital bed, wearing one of the hospital's backless gowns. She quickly noticed Claire.

"Hey, you!" Jessica said. "Claire, right? Any idea where my clothes ended up?"

"What?" Claire said. Jessica could be rather abrupt.

"You don't think I came here in this gown do you?" Jessica said. "Someone got a lucky hit in, I woke up here. But believe it or not there are a couple of people in this shithole of a city I'd like to get back out there and protect, so if it's not too much trouble..."

"You could have a concussion, might be best-"

"Claire!" Jessica said. "Seriously. Kinda urgent."

"Hospital policy's to only change someone if their clothes are damaged," Claire said. "You'll be given replacements by any friends or by the hospital when you get checked out-"

"No time for that," Jessica said. She stood up, glancing around. "Ok, give me yours."

Claire's eyes widened.

"Wh-what?" Claire said.

"Relax, you can have my gown... thing," Jessica looked down at her garment distastefully. "But I could do with getting back out there. So your clothes, now."

Does Claire give, or does Jessica have to take?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)