More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by sumedokin sumedokin

What does Harry do?

He takes a look around.

After Harry found out he was panicking, it became easier to calm down. Not easy, just easier than when all his thoughts and worries were swarming around his head like flies in the rain.

Still, if Harry couldn't calm down and think through the situation he'd never escape from it unscathed. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. When he opened them again he saw the environment around himself anew.

The sun was going to set at any moment, it seemed like Harry had only a couple of hours of sunlight left. He was still on the path that took him from the road out into the dense temperate forest of mostly tall pine trees. Following the path in the direction he was heading would take him to a fork in the path. One way seemed to lead directly up an incline and towards the mountains. The trees on the highest visible point of the incline were shorter and further between, and where the cliffs began there seemed to be no trees growing at all.

The other part of the fork seemed to lead further into the forest. Harry had hoped this path would eventually lead him back to the road, but he wasn't so optimistic any longer. The vegetation around that path appeared to be even denser; so dense the cover of dark had crept into that area before night time.

On the other hand he knew he could definitely get back to the road by following the same path back.
For long stretches of the road there won't be much traffic this time of day, but this close to Grayford there will be cues of travellers, merchants and adventurers each awaiting entrance into the city before darkness fell upon them and they need not make a camp out so close to the warm embrace of civilization. Considering the roadblock the que may well reach all the way to this point that area of the road. It might turn out to be unwise to find his way back to the roads before getting clothes.

Where does Harry go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)