More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Frank89 Frank89

What is Lauren doing at home

Having a devilishly handsome visitor

It hadn't been fifteen minutes since she arrived home from work, but to forget the busy day, all the meetings and strange faces she lay down on her couch for just a minute to rest her eyes. Until she found herself in a deep sleep.

"Great. Your mother would be so proud of you, sleeping in the afternoon like a baby." she heard a voice in her head. It was... it was her voice. But she was sure as hell not thinking any of it. "At least we know how to live."

"Don't you mind what mother would think. She's been out of our lives for two whole years now." came her reply. No, not hers. Though she probably would have said something similar. But it was another voice sounding like her. In her head. It was hard to explain. Come to think of it, she found the entire situation quite peculiar. For example, she was aware of being in a dream. Throughout her long (not really) life she had never encountered such an experience. Dreams were supposed to be the subconscious.

She looked around herself and saw she was in a club. A posh one at that. But not any particular club she recognised. She looked at the neon sign above the bar that read 'Inferno'. She had never heard of it, even though she knew or frequented quite a few in the area. But it looked rather cozy and was filled to the brim with people. She immediately looked at herself in the mirror behind the bar and was relieved to see she was dressed. She was glad this wasn't one of those stupid recurring dreams. She'd had enough of those lately. But the fact that she knew it was a dream was still all too strange to her. She glanced at the barman and an idea came to her mind. She closed her eyes and focused on the face of Brad Pitt, a longtime favourite of hers. When she opened her eyes, she still saw the same old barman from before. Not that he was ugly, but he wasn't particularly her type either.

"Look, she thinks she owns the place. How cute."

"Indeed. Honey, it is time to let go of brave Achilles and feast your eyes on a new lineup."

Lauren still hadn't gotten used to the voices in her head, but couldn't help turning around and assessing the people gathered in the club. She had noticed the place being full before, but only after closer inspection did she realize that all of them were some of the finest specimen of humans in existence. The ladies were all gorgeous - almost as gorgeous as herself - and the gentlemen were all handsome - peeking glances at the hottie by the bar. Not just that, but all of them were in the primes of their lives. Not a single old one among a crowd of about 50 people. That was so unrealistic. Well, it was a dream after all. Her brain must have dug up some of her desires.

"Well, I think that certainly caught her attention."

"Did it now? Because I still don't think she had noticed anyone of importance."

"Are... are you talking to me?" she asked. Yes, it was really her. She could feel her lips moving as she spoke.

The answer was loud giggling in her head from both of them... her... whatever. "Don't talk in yourself, honey. Makes you look like a nutcase."

"Ruins our chances of some real diversion for tonight."

Get out of my head if you can't be nice, she thought angrily, hoping it would have the desired effect.

"Fine. No need to shout. We'll leave. You will serve our purposes either way. Ta-ta."

Lauren waited a few moments to make sure they were gone. Even if they were her voices, they were getting on her nerves. She only hoped she didn't sound that annoying to others when she talked. Then again, she couldn't care less about what others thought. Then she felt something strange. It was that same feeling that she'd felt numerous times before. When someone was looking at her, and her brain knew it. Someone in her dream was checking her out at that very moment. If her brain reacted to it, it was worth investigating.

Lauren's eyes panned the crowd slowly, searching for the culprit. Not that it was hard to find someone looking at her. The entire club was stealing glances at the hottie by the bar. The men out of desire and the ladies out of jealousy. Of course they were. Not even in her dreams could other women hope to rival her unearthly beauty. Then their eyes met, and she immediately knew she had found whom she had been looking for.

A tall, dark-haired man was looking at her from across the room. He was around his 30s, had a white Jersey Devils shirt stretching across his wide chest, and worn, tight jeans hugging his taut backside. He didn't seem particularly classy, but was checking her out with the confidence of a king. Lauren had to ackowledge that he was devilishly handsome. He brazenly winked at her and cracked a dashing smile. He didn't seem bothered by the fact that every other male there was a potential rival in earning Lauren's attention. No. He already knew things could only go his way. So did Lauren, actually. She could feel her cheeks flush as she smiled back at the stranger and motioned him to the barstool next to her. Mr. Devilishly Handsome needed no other sign as he strode with confidence through the room to reach his prize.

"May I add, it is a lovely dress?" came his sweet and warm voice as he flashed her his perfect white pearls.

"Yes. Yes you may." smiled back Lauren. It took all her willpower not to burst out giggling like a little schoolgirl.

"What would you say to a walk in the moonlight? I think we would have a lot to... talk about." offered the man motioning towards the exit.

"Slow down, stud." spoke up Lauren, trying to tease the stranger. "I haven't decided on you yet."

"I beg your pardon, milady... but I think you already have." came his reply, and he quickly leaned forward and kissed the stunned woman on her lips.

Lauren's eyes shot open and she was back in her place, lying on the couch. She could feel wetness between her thighs. Her panties were positively drenched. Not that it hadn't happened before, but the dream ended with just a kiss. "That was... that was weird..." she panted, rubbing her eyes, not sure of what had happened.

"But you liked it, didn't you?" came the voice of a man from her kitchen.

"Of course, but..." started Lauren, but then she realized she was supposed to be alone that afternoon. She jumped to her feet and turned around to face her unwelcome guest. A man was standing before the open fridge, searching for something. In HER fridge. Not just any man. The man from her dream. "Who - Who the devil are you?!" she asked in a demanding voice.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)