More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 21 by jmueller121 jmueller121

Returning to consciousness?

Gradually...

Gradually you find yourself returning to your senses. At first groggy and barely cognizant of your surroundings, the fog that clouded your mind began to lift and was replaced by a surge of adrenaline as you recalled being suddenly grabbed on the street in front of Karen's house.

The first thing you realized is that you couldn't move, rope around your wrists and ankles. And you were in a car? Maybe a truck? You sensed the movement of the vehicle, each bump in the road was felt as you lay on your side on the hard carpeted floor. Your head was propped up on a regular white pillow, a large comforter tossed over you. Wriggling your head out from under the heavy blanket, you looked around the interior of the vehicle. You couldn't see much, and outside the windows was only the black of night.

Passing under a streetlight, the interior of the vehicle was dimly illuminated for but a moment. But it was long enough for you to notice something. The comforter, it was a dark shade of magneta covered with a pink elephant pattern. The same exact pattern as that one in Ashley's house, that the two of you sometimes used for warmth when playing video games in their cold basement. And this had to be Ashley's Dad's old Ford Expedition. Your mind was reeling with these revelations. Why would she do this? Where is she taking you?

Not knowing what to say, you didn't speak, you simply sat there in stunned silence.

Finally the vehicle began to slow, making a few turns before stopping completely. You listened as the driver put the transmission in park and stepped out the driver's side door.

What is Doug's fate?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)