More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What happens to Peggy?

Going 'undercover'

She'd joined the SSR because she thought it meant she'd be helping people, like she had in the war. Instead it mostly seemed to consist of sitting at her desk and fetching coffee for the men that were actually allowed to have missions.

It was slowly driving Peggy insane. She was a good agent; her record proved that. For all her successes though, she'd as good as been demoted for no good reason.

"Carter. Dooley wants to see you."

One of her coworkers moved brusquely past her desk. Peggy sighed and stood up.

At this rate he probably wanted an event at his house catered. Not expecting all that much, Peggy aimlessy walked over to Dooley, the chief of the SSR's, office.

He had several files and folders on his desk; she frowned. Maybe they'd decided she was now irrelevant enough that they didn't have to bother hiding need-to-know files from her.

"Ah, Peggy," Dooley said. "Take a seat. This is... not a conversation I particularly expected to have, but I think we need you."

Peggy blinked.

"Something's come to our attention," Dooley said. "We need you to go undercover, and as far as we can tell your... attributes make you the only person here that could do the job. I realise it's not your usual, but-"

"I'm in," Peggy said quickly.

"You haven't been briefed yet," Dooley said.

"Chief, you've had me doing nothing but serving coffee for months. if it's a mission, I'm in," Peggy said.

Dooley paused. He cleared his throat a little awkwardly, but continued.

What does he want her to investigate?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)