More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Omega98 Omega98

What does she do?

Get her bearings

Once outside, Tiffany quickly found the sun.

'Okay,' she thought, 'the guy said 6:00 am, so that's east.'

To her left was a wooded area which would have offered welcome cover, 'That's a beginner's mistake' Tiffany thought, and already a pale redheaded girl was moving past her towards it. In front of her, and to her right, were relatively flat planes and rolling hills. Behind her was the building she had just come out of, but looking up she could see a satellite dish and radio antenna. Behind that some cliffs in the distance.

'Must be some kind of communications hook up. All the cameras probably feed back here and then get relayed to a satellite.' Tiffany shook her head, 'No time to think about that now!' She scolded herself.

Aptly, she slid the backpack off one of her shoulders and swung it around in front of her. With hurried motions she grabbed the map and opened it up. She noticed little about it initially; the island was elongated with rivers and streams marked in blue lines, while red squares dotted the image sporadically while some were in clusters. 'Buildings probably.'

Arrowheads popped up only twice on the map though, once towards the middle of the bottom and then several more times at the very bottom of the map. 'Arrows mean mountains!' Tiffany's eyes grew wide and a smile formed on her face, 'Thanks elementary social studies!' She couldn't believe she remembered that.

It was then that she noticed the large blue spot near the lone arrowhead with a thick blue line that worked up from it; eventually it branched off into several of the rivers and streams that covered the map. 'Must be a lake.' She thought. Then quite pleased with herself, 'See! Already puzzle solving. This'll be easy.'

Where does Tiffany go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)