More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Zineshan Zineshan

Pick a story

Emile rushing a frat

I woke up to that the same alarm I always had but for once it was with tingles of excitement. I smiled. Not only was today my first day of college but also rush.

After getting ready I threw on my favorite jacket, the varsity jacket I got as a gift after winning the nationals tournament in tennis. I looked in the mirror to check my hair, perfectly styled above my notably asian features. I knew that fraternities picked more white guys but as a national champion in a sport I knew I had a chance. I shot some finger guns at myself before quickly running out the door to get there on time.

A few boring orientations later and I was finally getting to explore some houses. All I remember them saying was something about "safety" and "being wary of changes." I rolled my eyes, as if we wouldn't change after joining a frat. I was more worried about getting into the best.

I pushed my way into Alpha Sigma Ligma and was crushed by overwhelming crowd of tall fit guys trying their hand at getting in. _Well I'm definitely at a height disadvantage. _My poor slightly below average height self was struggling to find a brother to talk to. I finally broke through to find an extremely tall blonde bro sitting outside with the letters ASL plastered on his chest.

Smiling triumphantly, I try to dap him up, "Hey bro I'm Emile, nice to meet you."

A flash of annoyance goes across his face, "Hey I'm kinda on my break, but sure we can talk. I'm Alex."

He daps me up half heartedly and gestures for me to sit next to him.

We go through the motions of basic colleges introductions, finding out we're both from in-state.

"So what're you majoring in?" Alex asks, clearly bored already.

"I'm pre-med! I've always wanted to help people in my life! What about you?"

"Business." He replies curtly.

After a lengthy exchange, he says "So why should we let you in here? This is the best frat on campus so you really need to convince us to let you in."

I sit up straight as an arrow, "Well I'm a national champion in tennis, and I plan on playing to be the best here as well, so if I'm going to spend time with people I want them to be the best as well."

Something dark flashes across his face so briefly that it must've been my imagination, "You wanna be the best huh? Well good luck with that."

He stands up suddenly: "Let me introduce you to some of the other guys."

I smile inwardly, I did it!

We find another tall athletic dude rather quickly, and Alex whispers something into his ear quickly, and then turns to me: "I'll leave you in Devon's hands for now Emile"

The black dude, Devon, turns to me smiling as if he just heard a funny joke: "So Emile huh? let's have a chat you and me."

Beginning of my dream and nightmare

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)