More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by JimJoeBob JimJoeBob

Who do you want to learn about?

Dwarven Princess Wendellin Decaste

The dwarves have existed for thousands of years underground in cave systems and subterranean ecosystems that prosper under the glow of sun crystals. It is thanks to these crystals that they were able to live down here and that life was able to thrive. They absorb the light of the sun and sink further into the ground until they hang from the rocky ceiling where they provide light up until the burn burn out and become useless. Dwarven caverns twist around the globe with long routes carved through the stone to each open expanse with few of them reaching the surface mostly only to reach another close by in mountain ranges. These men and woman of four foot statures are seldom seen above ground, even have being contacted centuries ago.

No one knows the Türe origin of the dwarves, but they built their first kingdom in caverns near the mirredian. One day it fell and was left abandoned as survivors fled in all directions and founded new kingdoms. Only rather recently did any of them form an expedition to the lost citadel, Grendal a Black Iron dwarf of the south hired a company of men and woman to explore and study the ruins of what was. When they reached the crumbling wreck, the party found another group of their kind already there lead by Issli a dwarf of the Whistling Caverns. The two fought at first, then realized that there was no reason to, setting their weapons aside for scholarly pursuits. Issli and Grendal marveled at the the mostly intact city, making them wonder why anyone had left.

After some time studying, they decided to repair the city and form a new kingdom. During their time togther they had developed a relationship and they decided to marry and become king and queen with their parties forming the backbone of their new society. Northern and western dwarves lived in overcrowded cities and flocked to the new kingdom when they caught word of it. Soon the city was alive once again, all of its districts filled with people except for the ruined quarter which was still under construction. After twenty years their love had finally bore fruit and the first daughter was born, Wendelin.

In time, Wendelin grew up to be a fine young woman with firey hair like her mother a tan skin like her father. She had a large bust for a dwarf, modest for most others, a thick and stout figure with some muscle from common physical labor among their people, and a nicely rounded rear. She commonly wears the cloth of scholar, but she has a battle tunic stored for regal events.

She's a smart girl, but a horrible inventor who builds wonderful contraptions of dwarven core metal that usually malfunction or blow up. Most are powered by intelligence crystals, clear gems that provide one with enhanced intelligence, allows animals to speak, and machines to think. They are actually aalive and develop their own personalities with the expenices they gain which is why many avoid wearing them as the adverse effects have yet to be studied.

Even though she dreams to become a great inventor, she's far better suited for the forge. There she made her own twin swords and her trusty multi-tool hammer that can be used to forge equipment , build structures , craft accessories and items, and destroy obstacles. Wendelin is hardly ever seen without her trusty beast by her side, a large mess of hair and teeth. The dog also wears an intelligence crystal although he seldom talks. Lately she's been wanting to lead an expedition to the surface to learn more of the topside and her parents having been brewing over what to do.

Aye, a fine lass.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)