More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What's next?

Doing inventory at the Warehouse

Claudia was pretty sure doing inventory was meant to be boring and, well, it was, but it was that special kind of boring where she couldn't afford to not give it her utmost attention.

Boring was the best case scenario; just walk along, check everything off the list, make sure everything was still there.

The problem was working in Warehouse 13, where the inventory in question was thoroughly unpredictable. Thankfully things had been quiet for a while, though they never seemed to be quiet for that long.

Today at least she was in the safer section, the artifacts relatively low-level. On the plus side, that meant she didn't have to look out for mirrors filled with psychotics; then again, that was the downside. There was _nothing _to worry about.

Just drone on, walk on mindlessly. Helmets, stones, figurines, one antique bathtub, comic books...

Then she came to an empty spot on the shelf; Claudia hesitated, eyes skimming over the plaque; Gypsy Rose Lee's g-string. Well, hardly apocalyptic, and-

And it was just on the floor. One of the myriad disasters that seemed to plague the Warehouse must have knocked it loose. Neglecting a glove she crouched to pick it up and put it back on the shelf, not noticing the momentary spark of energy.

Well, nothing in this section was serious anyway. Worst case scenario she'd wake up with blonde hair or a pet ferret. Artie had told her a story of one artifact with the grand power of making someone say 'Cowabunga!' if they heard a specific song, and nothing beyond that.

The low level stuff was there usually because the effects weren't that serious, or they needed triggers to activate, and even then no one was going to get seriously hurt.

She neglected to read the rest of the artifact's tag, continuing on with inventory content in the belief the most exciting thing to happen to her today would be picking up an old pair of panties.

Gypsy Rose Lee's g-string: upon hearing music, the affected is possessed by the urge to remove their clothes. Other triggers are rumoured to exist, but unknown.

Where does Claudia first get to know of the artifact's effect?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)