More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Acorn142 Acorn142

What does she do?

Depart for the palace

The day’s activities kept her more than busy, so it seemed as if no time went by at all before her escort to the palace arrived. The carriage, decked out in official flags of the royal family, rolled to a stop in front of Abbie’s door. She watched from the window as her mother and father stepped outside to welcome the royal emissary.

The carriage door opened, and Abbie got her first look at Delphan, the keeper of the king’s harem. Delphan is slender, and boyish in appearance. How much of that is due to his age or the fact that he is an elf, Abbie does not know. It could also have something to do with another requirement of being in charge of the harem: Delphan is a eunuch. Abbie could not help but glance at his crotch to see if she could detect the absence of his elfin orbs, and she wondered what benefits came with such a job that he would be willing to part with such a vital part of his anatomy.

Abbie’s parents call to her, and she steps outside and courtesies to Delphan. The royal official looks at her appraisingly and nods. “Very nice,” he announces. “I suspect it will take very little grooming to make her acceptable to His Majesty. On his behalf, I thank you for your service to the Crown.”

Abbie is about to respond, when she realizes he has directed his words to her parents, not to her. As if they were the ones who were actually giving something up!

Delphan explains that it is a long journey back to the palace, and they must depart at once. Abbie turns to her parents to bid them farewell.

“I don’t know when I will see you again,” she says, trying to hold back her tears.

Her parents embrace her and help her into the carriage. Abbie’s father receives a large, heavy bag from Delphan. “Here is compensation for your gift to His Majesty,” he explains. Abbie turns her head to look the other direction. She cannot bear the thought of being treated as some possession that can be purchased and so easily traded hands.

Having completed the transaction, Delphan climbs into the carriage with Abbie and commands the driver to depart. Abbie gives one last tearful wave to her parents and then sits back, and tries to collect her thoughts.

She looks at Delphan. It occurs to her that he has thus far not said a word to her. Perhaps that is part of his role as keeper of the harem, and he is not supposed to interact with the king’s women. If so, it will be a long, uncomfortably quiet ride to the palace.

What does she do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)