More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by eZf eZf

Who finds the notebook?

Dave the dreamer

Dave the dreamer that's what most of the teachers and students call Dave Dabrowski among other things. Dave liked this nickname the other name made him want to punch someone.

Dave was a senior at St Joseph high school the problem child of his shool with whom nobody wanted to be involved. He didn't bully anyone and was a straight A student, mostly keept to himself. The incident that leads to his current state takes place on his second year At St Joseph. A simple argument with his teacher over some thing he doesn't even remember now blew up the thing got heated up so much and he said stuff that shouldn't be said to a teacher in anger loud enough that the whole school heard him. Well things like that would lead to an immediate expulsion which he would have preferred but his father got involved. His father was a man with a lot of connection and means. He threatened the school the school accepted a generous donation. The teacher involved left the school and ever since people just avoid him. That kind of started Dave to start sleeping in class to. He was smart so studying on his own for just a bit was enough and he maintained the minimum attendance required.

It was one such day he was sleeping in class it was the last period for the day. Suddenly a notebook falling on his head woke him up. He looked around and couldn't figure who threw the notebook everyone was looking forward and you are the only one in the last row.The book felt warm to the touch. Old, expensive and handmade. It's cover was black as pitch. A red heptagon star glistened on the front.

All Dave could think was "freaky". He opened the cover to a page with an ornate circle inscribed in bright purple. The words, were beautifully inscribed in blue.

There was a set of instructions of a sort:

You now possess the greatest power of all, the power to change reality as you see fit

Anything written in the book will become reality and cannot be changed.

Destroying or damaging the book is prohibited

Changing reality for the whole of humanity is prohibited.

Using the book to prevent others access the book is prohibited.

Using the book to gain immortality is prohibited.

Destroying more than 75% of humanity is prohibited.

Creating any new sentient race using the book is prohibited.

The book will transport itself if you die of natural causes.

Almost half of the pages have writings on it Dave recognized few languages in the last of the written pages some English, German, Japanese and many languages he didn't recognize some of the handwritings and languages changed after just one line even some looked like the were stopped midsentence.

Dave like any normal person didn't believe in this. But because he was already awake and there was still over twenty minutes for the class to end. He thought for a bit and decided on what to write. He started writing "when ever I mentally ask for a drink to appear, that drink will appear near my hand."

He half joking stretched his arm and mentally said "chocolate milkshake come to me" and there before him out of nowhere was a Chocolat milkshake on his desk he was shocked and couldn't believe he drank the shake and it tasted like chocolate milk shake. The only thought that went through his head was the book was real, for the next few minutes he was thinking about all the possibilities.

Then he remembered the rules, he was happy and relived he didn't write something stupid things could have gone very bad. And also that any body can use the book any one who knew about it would want it. Concidering the different handwriting and languages the book has at least been with few hundred people.

Dave thought about just throwing the book away for a second but the possibilities of all he could have with the book made him decide to keep it.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)