More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by JohnDoe117 JohnDoe117

Who do you follow?

Cardin Winchester

Cardin stared at the small brown box on his hand. "Okay, pops, let's see what this is," He spoke to himself. Before he traveled to Beacon Academy, Cardin's father gave him a gift, along with a strict order to open and use what was in that box just as he steps foot in the academy. He thought nothing of it at first, dismissing it as something his old man would give him for becoming eighteen. When he asked him about it, his father just told him that it would "make Beacon a paradise".

Scoffing at the memory, he opened the box. Inside was a piece of paper and a rather simplistic ring, a band of polished metal with nary a diamond or a gem. "A simple ring?" He took it out of the box and was surprised at how heavy it was for its size. The only decoration on it was a stylized letter 'N' inside the band, which puzzled him since no one in his family had a name that started in it. It must have been an heirloom. When he slipped the ring on his ring finger, it started to get warm. "Could have had a gold ring, at least."

Written on the paper was a letter from her father. "Old man, you could have told me this before I left." The note was short but filled with instructions about the ring. It stated that it was a relic of some sort, passed between generations of their family. It was also the reason for Winchester's successes, to the point that it was 'magic'. It detailed that it allows anyone to do what they wish, that every deed will be seen as normal, no matter how drastic or absurd it would be. After a tirade of not doing any , he was left with one last message: "Enjoy".

"I can do whatever I wish, eh?" Cardin can only doubt his father's words. It was just too good to be true! But the idea was just too enticing. His father was not a liar nor insane, and given the stories his father told him, it might just be true. With his luggage, weapon, and armor in tow, it was time to attend the initiation.

Until he heard an explosion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Standalone version of this thread here:
https://chyoa.com/story/Cardin-Winchester%3A-A-Tale-of-Normality.26121

What should Cardin do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)