More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by PiZzA101 PiZzA101

What takes Ava's clothes and possessions away?

Botched Moving Day

Ava giddily paced back and forth the elevator to her tenth floor apartment. "I'm so close. I can't wait!" Ava thought to herself. She subconsciously began fiddling with the hem of her white T-Shirt that failed to come all the way down to the point her scarlet red sweatpants began. She was dressed for comfort over presentation, with her favorite pair of blue sneakers completing her relatively simplistic outfit. She swept the hair out of her eyes. "Gotta see it!"

As soon as the elevator door opened, Ava sprinted past, happily headed past four doors until she reached the one that she claimed as her own. Ava took a deep breath, as she unlocked the door and threw it open, taking in a breath of fresh air as she proudly entered the space she would call her own. "Welcome..." she said to herself, looking around. Upon surveying the space closer, she raised an inquisitive eyebrow. She had already taken a virtual tour of the space with the agent, but the apartment itself did not bring any surprising features she wasn't aware of. What brought Ava confusion, was the lack of piles of moving boxes to be seen. She quickly moved past the foyer entrance, which led past the kitchen's bar counter, and into the living space. A small dining room table, the open kitchen in the corner nearest the front door corner, and the living room (which spaced approximately as large as a a 1 car garage) fed towards a balcony that overlooked the city streets below. Ava continued towards the bedroom on the right, and found nothing but the bed, two nightstands, an empty closet, and a window with open blinds. Ava huffed in frustration, before sliding the bathroom door open. Sure enough, there was just a sink, the toilet, and shower with glass siding. "What the... Didn't the movers say it was supposed to be here yesterday?" Ava said aloud. Not knowing much other choice, Ava pulled out her cell phone, and dialed the moving company.

After a short wait, the phone was answered by the voice of a young man. "Hello! This is Expedited New Frontiers customer service. How may I assist you today?"

"Ah. My name is Ava Hazel. I recently applied and purchased a long-distance service to the Hillbottom Residential Tower. I was told all my cargo would be dispensed within my new apartment, but I see no sign of any of my items. Are the movers late?" Ava questioned. The operator over the phone clacked away on his keyboard for a moment, before sighing. "Please hold for a moment, while i transfer you to a supervisor." He stated exhaustedly Ava waited a few minutes longer, before another man answered the phone. Ava reexplained her situation, and was met with a sigh over the phone.

"Well, this is going to sound rather unusual, and frankly very unbelievable. The moving van with your items was stolen on a lunch break at a diner. We are working with the authorities to resolve this matter at the moment, and hopefully locate the truck as soon as possible. You will be refunded fully for the trouble, but we are unable to provide the items within until the authorities halt their search for the truck." The man explained calmly.

Ava stared blankly forward for a moment. "Wait. I needed that truck to get here. It has all my stuff! All I have is my wallet, phone, keys, and the outfit I'm wearing. What am I supposed to do?" Ava hastily questioned. The phone operator sighed again, before responding with "I am deeply sorry for the trouble miss. Please understand we are desperately trying to locate the truck as soon as possible." The man explained.

And so, Ava mercilessly lit into the unfortunate supervisor. She angrily threatened lawsuit, begged, pleaded, and all her actions produced similar replies. In the end, until the investigation ended, there would be nothing that the movers could do to help her according to policy. For now, all they could manage was a full refund. After a half hour of bickering with the operator, Ava eventually gave up, her voice too tired after the long bus ride to her apartment. Looking down, she pouted upon surveying herself. "Well, I wanted to get changed, and maybe go out to grab some celebratory ice cream after the move in, but there's no helping that now." Ava said to herself.

What will she do now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)