More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Mapron01 Mapron01

Who do you want to learn about?

Bandit Princess Elyssa

Born to famed commander Tor- Dal, great leader of the Khasini Free Army, son of its creator, Aced-Dal, Elyssa was born in war, and grew up on it. Elyssa never like being called a princess, but accepted the term to solidify her rule and status. As she grew, she became and exert fighter, specializing on fighting with daggers for fast combat and assassinations. She had a name ending in Dal, as was tradition, but she hated the name, and so changed it and erased all records of it, choosing Elyssa for her hopes to bring forth Elysium, the kingdom of eternal peace and harmony of the prophecies of old.

However, while her father led the army effectively, Elyssa felt they weren't doing what they should, a position shared by several portions of the army. Conceived to stop the Aleti Empire from growing, as well as protecting innocents, civilians and the poor, the army rarely got profit, and survived on the goodwill of those they saved. However, inspired by her the title given to her, Khasini Princess, back then, Elyssa aspired for more.

The redhead wanted to lead her own nation, a fierce one, which would defeat any enemy, conquering many nations. Her father stood against her, stating that ruling a nation would lead to them becoming greedy and complacent, just like the enemies they had been formed to fight. She ignored him, hearing advice from one of her best subordinates, the ageing captain Enemell, who led the army's relatively small naval contingent. He wanted to create a nation named Areila, after the young daughter he lost in a storm many years prior, and she supported him in this, as it aligned with her causes.

After a decisive victory against the empire in the outskirts of the major city of Ayhoni, Elyssa enacted her plan to take over. After confronting her father about his policy in leading the army, she declared her intentions to siege the city and wrestle control of it from the empire. In the ensuing showdown, two thirds of the army and the entire navy sided with her, while her father left with what he had left, cursing her for ruining his own father's dream of a people's army and telling her she was committing a grave mistake.

Ignoring his warning, Elyssa led a successful siege, and less than four days afterwards, was able to declare the birth of Areila in the steps of Ayhoni's famed House of the Judges, which once housed Supreme Godly Justice Derevel, a god-sent judge who cleared the land of sin for a thousand years before being recalled to the heavens. The rest of the empire's East Khasini province fell to her, including the city she made into her capital, Khalopolis, which she renamed Areila. Having consolidated her power, she turned not only to nearby empire lands, but also neighboring nations.

Due to her style of fighting, Elyssa always preferred to fight lightly, often wearing only leather to provide herself with some defense in battle while maintaining her agility. This was criticized b her father and several fellow fighters as making her too to enemy strikes, but she ignored them, believing her impressive agility would ensue she would never be hit. After she conquered Khalopolis, she became incredibly egocentric, and gave herself several new titles, which she proudly announced to the public during her first speech, calling herself, "Queen Elyssa the First of Areila, destroyer of the Aleti Empire, the unstoppable lighting, bringer of godly justice, Eternal Singsong of the East". While her first titles seemed reasonable, the public saw to their shock how she claimed to be sent by the gods and the Eternal Singsong, a title reserved for a select few bringers of great peace eras to the East, such as King Lordwine, a heroic magician who neutralized all the pirate clans and defeated the Great Corruption during his reign alongside legendary heroes. That she compared herself to people like him offended a great many, including Lordwine's descendants, the Kings of Laude Islands.

Despite this, Elyssa paid them no mind. She was convinced her victory had been ensued by the gods, and such simply prepared her swelled army to march against any who dared oppose her. Little did she know how badly things would go for her...

Enough of war and long backstorys! Back to the lasses!

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)