More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ebanu8 Ebanu8

Whose role do you take on?

Aviel Mandebaum, an Israeli war veteran returning home (Ebanu8)

A/N: Hey everyone, Ebanu8 here. This is literally my first story written here on CHYOA. In my branch, my character is an Israeli woman who’s finished her national service and a war veteran, having fought in a few skirmishes in Iraq and Afghanistan. As such, she is a war veteran with honed fighting skills and such.

The overall theme, on the other hand, is politics and country-building and resolving the overall mediocre state of the world – through conquest if need be. The Affection Multiplier will be used to gain lovers and potential allies in the process, and also affect the MC’s political abilities on the world stage.

Note there will be no femslash, but a reverse harem. There will be some initial slow burn, then some sex scenes to follow. I’ll try not to drag things along. I will also be touching upon some real world issues – as is part of politics. I’ll try not to step on people’s toes, but please no flames.

Also, do note that much of the initial story will occur in Israel. If there’s anything I portray that’s not accurate, please feedback to me, and I’ll work on it.

E/N: Hey gang! Whysper here to ask you all to welcome our newest contributor to the fold. Ebanu8 has an interesting and ambitious premise here to play with and I for one look forward to seeing how it goes. ~W


20th March, 2017

Aviel Mandebaum, a daughter of an Israeli politician, born with an unusually high IQ, white hair and an unnatural growth spurt. From young, she was always picked on for her giant-like height and albino hair, and she often found it hard to make friends at school.

Despite this, her impressive test results and penchant for reading situations meant she was destined to succeed her father in the trade of politics. Graduating early at the age of thirteen, she was introduced into politics by her father, Reuben, and though her age meant she was fit to be a full-fledged politician, her insights proved valuable to helping her father advance his political career.

She served in the Israeli Defence at the age of eighteen, and once again she was the outlier among the troops – her facial features making her the envy of many women. She was deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan to fight the Islamic terrorists, having finished basic training, fighting alongside American and local troops.

It would be hard to say she won victory after victory; there were times her squadron and her allies had to retreat due to casualties sustained, but she managed to ensure their overall survival.

But all good things must come to an end someday; having finished her national service, she was on her way home when a sudden catastrophic event shook her world apart, and robbed her of her family fortune.


The streets of Tel Aviv, cosmopolitan capital of Israel, bustling and thriving with throngs of daily visitors coming to visit the many shops set up by vendors in and around busy streets, shopping malls and nearby train stations. From snacks and meals to trinkets, clothes and other mundane items, there is never a day that Tel Aviv falls asleep, save on certain Jewish holidays.

It was home to Aviel – a familiar sight she had come to miss in her time away from Israel, a sight that brought a smile to her lips.

Manoeuvring through the thick crowds was never difficult; Aviel easily weaved through them thanks to her large size, and she moved with a hasty eagerness in her step.

A beautiful woman of twenty years of age, she was spry and healthy in the prime of her youth, her beautiful white hair dropping down her hair like strands of silk. Her face was chiselled from years of exercise and battle, her bright green eyes a piercing shade, her porcelain skin tinged red from repeated exposure to the sun and heat of the desert. As of now, she was dressed in a simple T-shirt and camouflage-patterned slacks and a pair of military boots.

In her hand was a single long stick of polished wood, and she used it like a blind man would use his cane.

“Ah, home. I wonder if Abba and the others are waiting for me,” Said Aviel.

“Hey, Aviel! Over here!” She heard a voice call out.

Aviel smiled at the voice calling out to her, and went to embrace her friend in a bear hug.

Wakeyo Ephram Adane, an Ethiopian Jew living in Tel Aviv and her old commanding officer, was an unlikely friend Aviel came to know when drinking in one of many bars in Tel Aviv’s red-light district. Bonding over their shared love of drinking, the two of them became drinking buddies ever since.

“Wakeyo,” Said Aviel smilingly, “It’s good to be back.”

“Well, who wouldn’t be, being away in the desert and at war for so long?” Said Wakeyo, “Come on, let’s grab a cup of coffee. Usual place.”

“Sounds good to me,” Said Aviel.


The Frothing Cup, a coffee shop nestled in a small building close to the Israeli Knesset’s Headquarters, famed for serving more than a few Israeli Politicians hot cups of delicious coffee. Having frequented this place since childhood, it was a favourite place for Aviel and one she recommended to Wakeyo.

The interior of the shop had a quaint atmosphere of the 1980’s, the antiquated décor offering a tranquillity rarely found in the busy capital. The shopkeeper, an elderly woman with matronly love and eyes shining with wisdom, Dikla Beit has run her store for over fifty years and shows no signs of stopping.

Her specialty was a traditional British favourite; coffee mixed with milk and sugar. And it was one Aviel relished.

Entering the coffee shop, Aviel was subject to an age-old problem people too tall would suffer; banging their head against the beam.

Both Dilka and Wakeyo sniggered slightly at the comical sight as Aviel bent her head down and entered, rubbing her red forehead to assuage the pain.

“Hahaha, laugh at my expense,” Aviel said dryly, “I’ll have the usual, Dikla.”

Wakeyo and Aviel sat down as Dikla served them their cups of coffee, and the nostalgic bittersweet flavour brought a smile to Aviel’s lips.

“How long has it been since I could enjoy a cup of coffee like this…?” Said Aviel.

Wakeyo smiled, saying, “It’s the comforts of home that we soldiers think about the most.”

“Can’t argue with that,” Said Aviel, “How’s things, by the way?”

At this, Wakeyo’s smile fell, and he said, “Politically? Things are an absolute mess; the ruling Likud party’s fighting tooth and nail against its recent competitor, the Makid party. They’re both feuding over the new direction Israel should take on the world stage.”

“How bad?” Asked Aviel.

“Well, the Likud party’s fine with keeping the status quo for the moment, but the Makid party’s up in arms in that Israel should take a more militaristic stance in the Middle East,” Said Wakeyo, “They say we should conquer the Middle East with our military might and secure a dominant position in the region, so that we can secure our country’s survival. Obviously, those idiots don’t know what it means to wage war.”

Aviel sighed, saying, “Idiotic politicians. At times like this, I envy Singapore; its leadership is an oasis in this world of mediocre politicians.”

“So do I, Aviel,” Said Wakeyo, “In any case, your Pa’s planning to meet you back at home once the cabinet meeting’s done. They’re planning to-“

Then, all of a sudden, a loud thunderous explosion shook the area as a plume of fire and smoke erupted from the Knesset Headquarters. So powerful was the of the explosion, Aviel was knocked from her seat and her head violently collided with the edge of the countertop.

The last thing she heard was the concern shouts of Wakeyo and Dikla, before she fell .

What does fate have in store?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)