More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Mrwhysper Mrwhysper

Which is how you wound up here

Author’s note

This branch will be a touch darker than some of the others we’ve seen. The lead character is a disreputable scum bag, and although I have a redemption arc planned, he’s got a good way to get there. We’ll be working with the harem theme to a lesser degree here, there may be a little , and it’s possible that will play a role here. If you’re looking for sunshine and rainbows, you aren’t going to find it here. The wages of sin etc.

That said, I’ll be using this chapter to throw out random story related thoughts, and will be updating it regularly just like I do the Author’s Note in I Put A Spell On You

11/27

Did a couple formatting edits. Working up a couple chapters. Work permitting I’ll likely have somewhere around one a week.

11/28

Unlike most US citizens I don’t have today off. I work as a cook in an assisted living community for senior citizens, and we’re open for business 365 days a year, all holidays, 24 hours a day. This is my big day at work. Most holidays are about family or remembrance or the season or whatever (like Independence Day, which celebrates blowin shit up and drinking beer... I think). Today, while it’s TECHNICALLY about recalling everything you’re thankful for, is really about food. Being a cook isn’t just a job for me. It’s part of who and what I am. So today is pretty special for me. That said I’m still going to be working on my next installment today during my break. For those of you in the US, happy thanksgiving. For those of us who met the boat, Happy Native American Subjugation Day.

11/30/19

So here in the land where the shadows freeze to the sidewalk and the cows give ice cream the weather is getting interesting. I’m warming up my car before heading home from work and looking out my windshield at snow flying sideways. Winterpalooza and Snowpocalypse ‘19 is upon us. Unfortunately I’m heading home in this, across the bridge and up the hill, to a house full of in-laws and screaming children. You know the difference between in-laws and outlaws, right? Outlaws are wanted. I almost wish I was snowed in at work. If I don’t write again it’s because my little Toyota Camry didn’t make it. Wish me luck gang, and thank you all for reading.

12/1

The snow is drifted up higher than my car. If you had told me even 15 years ago that that was even possible I would have laughed in your face. So I’m not going to work today. It’s not even physically possible for me to. Which means that aside from cleaning up for a house full of people last night, I can actually get some writing done. Mother Nature is a fickle cunt, she gives with one hand and takes away with the other. Today she’s in a giving mood.

12/2/19

Well, between a complete lack of self preservation instinct, a load of pure stubbornness, and a heat gun I’ve managed through dig my car out of the four foot high snow cave that’s been it’s home since Saturday night. I’m now saying a prayer to whatever deity is listening that there isn’t any more snow before Wednesday night.

I haven’t been this prolific writing-wise in about 20 years. Thanks to everyone for tagging along so far. Also, I didn’t think that it would progress to Sister-banging so quickly. Jimmy apparently has his own agenda that has very little to do with my intended story path.

12/4

In case y’all haven’t figured it out yet, I’m starting to really like the way Jimmy acts. He’s been telling me (in the way characters communicate with their authors, not in a Heinlein “World-As-Myth” sort of way) which direction this is heading, and also pointing out to me that he’s a little bit less of a bastard than I originally envisioned, becoming more of the charming rogue than the cold blooded rat that I originally thought up. Just shows, you never can tell. Also, most of my writing is off the cuff. I just let the story build itself. So while I have an end point of sorts in mind, there’s no telling what it’s gonna take to get us there. But Jimmy assures me it’ll be a fun ride.

12/6

My seasonal cold has decided to strike early. For the last 48 hours I’ve been running on sugar, caffeine, and DayQuil, and have had to fight minute by minute to not stick a hand blender up my nostrils to deal with my sinuses. That said, I dunno if I’ll be posting quite as prolifically over the next few days, since I don’t want to compromise the quality of what I’m writing. While some have greatly aided the creative process for me over the years (I churned out a couple hundred pages in July of ‘96 alone... sometimes I miss LSD), dextromethorphan has never been one of them. This doesn’t mean I won’t be writing. Just that the stuff I brain vomit at you might be as puerile as my description of a fantasy bathroom. Please forgive me in advance.

Back to the action

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)