More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Maxwelzal Maxwelzal

What's next?

An Unrealistic Daydream

*A short while later, you both arrive in front of the infirmary.*

*Ms. Haruna pushes open the door and steps inside. Orie is alone, checking some of the medical supplies while the nurse is out. The noise from the door closing gets her attention and she turns toward it in surprise, believing that most of the students had already gone home. A warm smile spreads across her face when she sees that it’s you. This quickly changes to uncertainty however, once she realizes that Ms. Haruna is also present.*

"Hello there Orie, my name is Ms. Haruna. I'm Yuuta -kun's homeroom teacher. It's a pleasure to meet you."

*She dips her head and Orie does the same.*

"I was wondering if you might have a moment to speak with me about Yuuta -kun and your relationship with him... Do you have some time?"

*Orie nods, though clearly confused.*

*You'd lied to Orie each time you met, saying you had a free period when in fact you hadn't. She doesn't know about your bad grades nor had you ever planned on telling her.*

Yuuta -kun, could you please go sit outside in one of the chairs and wait for us? I’m going to talk seriously with Orie here about what needs to be done. This situation isn't entirely a fault of your own after all."

*She glaces at Orie who looks worried, still not fully understand what was going on.*

"You’ve already suffered through my lecturing more than enough apparently... so you can wait outside.”

*Ms. Haruna says this with more authority.*

*Feeling pretty guilty, you give Orie an apologetic look.*

“You needn't worry Yuuta -kun, we won't be long... You'll see~”

*Somewhat reassured, but still feeling like this situation is as bad as having Ms. Haruna call home, you quickly step out of the nurse’s office and escape the overbearing atmosphere. Even though you're embarrassed that this is how Orie will find out about your poor work ethic, you still can't help but find the idea of Orie being chastised by Ms. Haruna somewhat amusing. You laugh quietly to yourself at the thought of such a goody-two-shows-of-a-girl getting a scolding for once in her life, even if it's undeserved. Orie will probably get on your case about it... You'll make sure to explain things to her properly later.*

*A few minutes go by as you sit in one of the chairs just outside. Relaxed, you close your eyes for a second.*

...

*You wake with a start and instinctively check the clock.*

...

*More than an twenty minutes have gone by since Ms. Haruna asked you to step out....*

...

*How had so much time passed? Shouldn't they have finished up and came to get you by now?... Surly a simple reprimanding wouldn't take nearly this long...*

...

*Curious, you give the door to the infirmary a light knock.*

*You hear some shuffling inside, but there's no response.*

*You slowly twist the knob and crack open the door, peeking in to see how things are going... Maybe you could get a little front row action to Orie's admonishment...*

*A silly thought crosses your mind.*

*If it’s taking this long... Could it?... Could it be possible that Ms. Haruna is actually jealous of Orie, and is being extra harsh with her? You almost laugh out loud at the preposterous thought of Ms. Haruna being so petty and possessive of you. She did seem pretty curious about you having a girlfriend after all. Alas, no... There was simply no way for this to be true...Not only was she out of your league by a mile, but she'd also made her intentions quite clear from the start: Namely, fixing your grades. Without a doubt, things were strictly professional between you and her... The idea of her affections still entices you none the less.*

(...Maybe it really is that she's just interested in me and she's grilling Orie for details! ...Ha!)

*...That giddy laughter quickly dies out though, stifled as you try to hone your ears, letting them adjust to the noises beyond the door.*

*The first think you hear is Orie’s voice, speaking in a hushed tone...*

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)