More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Eugene_Oregon Eugene_Oregon

What's next?

A visit to a museum

The rhythmic groaning stopped, and the TARDIS materialised with it's usual THUNK.

The Doctor, in his ninth iteration now, bounded out, as eager as ever, with Rose Tyler close behind.

"So when are we?" the blonde asked.

"The year is five-and-a-half billion. The human race has spread out everywhere across the stars. Well, almost everywhere. This is an intergalactic museum, reserved for only the most exclusive of clients. Not even humans have been here."

"Until now!" Rose grinned. "Come on, let's look around!"

Rose was such a seasoned traveller now that she didn't stop to worry about frivolous things like trespassing or danger. Why waste time on worrying when there's exploring to do?

The museum curator obviously hadn't spared any expense; there was all sorts of things to look at! Alien body parts, suspended in time to prevent decay; futuristic weapons, glowing on stands; maps of long-dead civilisations, with interactive recordings depicting what life may have been like in the past.

"Doctor, look at this one!" Rose said eagerly, hurrying over to a familiar-looking blue planet.

"Earth; 51st century," she read from the plaque. She reached out towards the globe. "I wonder if-"

The moment her fingers passed through the hologram, an alarmed blared loudly, and moments later security descended on them.

"Who are you? How did you get in here? This area is closed to guests!"

Rose was taken aback by the appearance of their interrogator. She hadn't really thought about who might woek at any intergalactic museum; the individuals before them had large, bug-like eyes, antenna that quivered even in the still air, and mandibles that clicked whenever they spoke.

"I...err..." Rose mumbled. It was usually the Doctor who answered the questions, but she'd been foolish enough to wander off. As she was scrambling around for an answer, her appearance caught the guards attention.

"Wait...are you human?"

"Yeah...so what?" Rose answered, casually.

"Human, originating from the planet Earth?"

"That is where humans come from, yes," Rose rolled her eyes impatiently.

"Scan here," the guard said to his colleagues.

Without warning, they grabbed Rose by the arms and a beam of light was passed over her. One of the bugs consulted a tablet, clicking excitedly at what he saw.

"She's perfect for what we need! Take her away and prepare her!"

"Hey, wait!" Rose protested, fighting in vain to escape as she was frogmarched from the room. "Doctor!" the blonde girl called out, but he was nowhere to be seen.

She continued to kick and wriggle, but Rose couldn't break free.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)