More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Rowenar Rowenar

What's next?

A mythtery

Zari had long since given up any hope that things with the Legends were going to end up remotely sane. First there was a time demon, then a giant blue stuffed toy, and now there was a cage of all manner of magical nasties thrown open with god only knew what strewn throughout the timeline. Ray still insisted in calling them 'myth-teries.'

Thanks to a bit of improvisation they'd begun to be able to track down magical anomalies, though it turned out that could be much harder than finding massive scale changes in history. Not every bit of magic would leave major fingerprints.

Like here, the only thing even potentially approaching an anomaly was a few sightings of an animal that vanished when people looked again. Might be nothing, but according to Constantine animal-spirits and things that took animal-shape were common enough that it bore examining.

So instead of finding what changed in the records and heading for that, they were left with more old-fashioned detective work. Wandering around a grimy forest, looking for some trace of something...

Her totem-necklace glowed for a few seconds; she glanced down at it curiously. Was it... reacting to something? She'd never known that to happen normally.

"Anything there?" she said. She lifted her torch, turning around on the spot.

"Zee?" Sara's voice carried through the forest.

"Nothing," Zari said. "Can't see anything."

"Great," Sara said. "Been out here long enough. Legends, regroup! Had back to the ship, we've got to be able to sort out something better than this."

Zari sighed. Lowering her torch, blissfully oblivious of the entity whose attention she'd gained, she started trudging back the way she came.


Zari closed her eyes, trying to drift off to sleep. It had been a long day; matters weren't helped by their failure to track down whatever supernatural thing had called them to this time and place. Constantine and Ray were either working on a way to better track it down, or arguing about whether American or British rock was better. And until that bore some fruit, there was no point in just standing around the bridge. Zari knew she wasn't the only one who took the opportunity for a break. She'd slipped off her pants, jacket and shoes in her haste to get a little shut-eye.

She kicked her legs slightly, getting comfy under the covers. It was a moment before she realised her knees felt slightly constricted.

Frowning, she looked down, peeking under her duvet. Wait, since when had her panties ended up around her knees?

Despite the fact she was alone, she rather quickly reached down to pull them back up, eyes wide. Probably just friction. Yeah, that was it, must've somehow kicked them down.

Once they were snugly around her ass again, Zari closed her eyes.

Nothing to worry about.

When does the spirit make itself known again?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)