More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by grimbous grimbous

What's in the box?

A Single Tarot Card

...what looks to be a single large playing card. The package is otherwise empty.

Taking the package you breeze through the kitchen, grabbing a hot cup of joe along the way, and head out to sit on your small balcony. It is a gorgeous day. You smile to the warm rising sun as it blankets the city with its rejuvenating rays, the local birds singing sweet songs of melodies pure and true. You begin humming a little tune to yourself.

Taking a seat on the ratty old chair you keep out here you set down your coffee beside you and turn your attention to the package. You inspect the contents once more. The back of the card shows intricate patterns of celtic knots. The card looks very old yet its colors are bright and vibrant; red, blue, gold and green. In the center of the card the design of a single arcane looking eye, open and staring. As the light plays across the surface you see it is textured. Running your fingers across it you feel the grooves and ridges of the knotwork pattern. Whatever this was made of it wasn't paper or cardboard.

You look again at the package. No return address, no postage, not even a mailing address. Just your name. "Huh, obviously hand delivered." You say to yourself. "Probably a prank."

Reaching in you take the card in your fingers. As you lift it you feel it has some weight to it and is slightly warm to the touch. As you study the intricate patterns and feel its quality your theory of a prank starts to seem more doubtful. The gold lines and sections actually looked and felt like the real thing. You had the impression that this was probably worth some real money.

Flipping it over you see...

Which Tarot Card is it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)