More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Redux Redux

What fun does Merl's lab have in store?

A Powerful Potion

As Merl droned on for a good bit about his inn and what he could have had Lilly walked around the lab looking at all his curios and instruments. Some were quite interesting, some seemingly ordinary, and some downright confusing. Completing her circuit around the lab, Lilly sat back down as Merl came out of the musings of the past and returned to the present.
“I do have something here that might interest you Princess. This is actually what I was working on all last night.” Merl said producing a blue bottle, “a potion that can enable the drinker to tell if anyone is being dishonest to them”
“Merl that’s brilliant!” the beautiful princess exclaimed.
Lilly’s bright hazel eyes widened in wonder. ‘This is sure to keep people from tricking me and help me get respect’ she thinks as she congratulates Merl over his invention.
“Please Merl, can I try it?” Lilly asked pleadingly.
Merl furled his wrinkly brow, considering whether or not to give her the potion.
“There’s no harm in it, bear in mind though this is just the first attempt so it might not work. Don’t worry there won’t be any side effects. If it doesn’t work it’s no more dangerous than drinking tea” Merl assured her as he handed her the bottle.
Smiling broadly and thanking the old wizard profusely Princess Lilly drank the potion down.
“How long will it take for it to work?” Lily asked
“Should work pretty quickly” Merl told the young beauty
Lilly then sat there waiting to feel the effect of the potion.
“Well?” Merl asked leaning forward, “Do you feel anything?”

What does the potion do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)