More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by CommercialFreedom CommercialFreedom

Where do you work?

A Newspaper Office

John works at the local newspaper. Living in a midsized town (population ~10,000), the newspaper was a relatively small company, especially in recent years. It employed less than 20 people, and most of them were women. Besides John, there were only two other men working there; Anthony, who was on vacation, and Jeff, who was almost never actually in the office. For this week, John was working alone with an array of women who were all attractive in his eyes. John was young, only being 24 years old, and only having recently joined the staff a few months ago.

Working along side John, was Hollie, who was the same age, but had been working there for about a year. Both John and Hollie were working as journalists, but only really got assigned to smaller stories. John had sort of known Hollie from high school, but they never ran in the same social circles; Though John was had something of a crush on her.

Then, there was Dina, the photographer. She was a few years older than them, and had been working there longer, too. Dina was flirty, but in a joking manner. She was the sort of girl who knew she was gorgeous, because men were always hitting on her, and thought that it was funny to tease John a little, since he was a bit younger.

Nothing much was going on on this particular Tuesday morning. Hollie and John had finished their assignments for the day, and still had an hour left in the day. They started arguing how accurately they could shoot rubber bands at the bulletin board, which was a good ~30 feet away.

"Shouldn't you guys be working?" asked Dina, as she entered the office.

"We already finished our assignments." said Hollie.

"Yeah, and Mandy left early, so we don't know what our assignments for tomorrow are yet." said John. Mandy was, of course, their Editor-In-Chief. She left early fairly often, both for work reasons and for personal ones.

"So you're just shooting rubber bands at a board that's not even far away?" asked Dina.

"Yeah, Hollie doesn't believe I can accurately hit the picture of the courthouse from here." answered John.

"Because you can't. Not with a rubber band." said Dina.

"I bet I can." said John, smuggly.

"I'll take that bet. I'll even put money on it." said Dina.

"Seriously? $10 says I can." said John. Hollie stayed quiet, watching this all unfold.

"$10 is the bet of someone who's scared they can't do it. How about $200?" said Dina.

"Woah, I definitely think I can... But I've got bills to pay. I don't think I could do $200." said John.

"Alright, how about something more interesting. If you can really make that shot, I'll strip down to my underwear, and give you a peak at what I'm sure you've been dreaming about..." said Dina, coyly. Hollie let out a laugh.

"You're joking." said John with a grin. He thought for sure Dina was just teasing.

"I'm dead serious. We'll all three go into my office, and I'll strip down for say... 5 minutes? I'm sure Hollie wouldn't mind manning a stopwatch to ensure you get your prize." said Dina.

"And if I don't make the shot?" asked John. Dina thought for a moment.

"I guess you'd have to strip down to your underwear for five minutes. Fair is fair, and I think both of us would get laugh out of it, right Hollie?"

"For sure." answered Hollie.

"Deal." said John. He stood up, and shook Dina's hand. With confidence, John picked up a rubber band and shot it at the picture of the court house.

Does John hit the court house?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)