More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AinBaum AinBaum

What do you see looking back at you?

A Necromancer (Author: AinBaum)

A young human man, of average height though quite skinny. Pale skin, short hair and the remnants of a badly shaven beard, both of a dark brown color. The entire appearance giving of a general air of scruffiness, although the body and hair are kept clean, you do make a point to wash yourself in this very spring regularly. All in all you look a lot like what you seemingly are: a man in his low twenties who lives apart from civilization in the wild, there is just one detail betraying your somewhat peculiar nature, the eyes: your iris is of an unusal shade of green, reminding strongly of the frowned-upon arts of necromancy, while simultaneously showing a lust for power and the willingness of just how much to do to gain it. A smirk crosses your face as you look into your own eyes, necromancy... one day you will have an army, one day you will have all the power you want... the smirk quickly vanishes as you remember your success in that regard so far, close to nothing.

Displeased you open your character sheet, the update might have changed something.

Level 2 Necromancer
Human, NPC, Explicit
Experience to level up – 200
Attributes:
Strength 16 Dexterity 20 Endurance 16
Charisma 22 Manipulation 25 Appearance 18
Perception 20 Intelligence 36 Wisdom 30
Skills:
Staff 20
Knife 10
Commanding 15
Smithing 10
Cooking 10
Feats:
Grave robber - You may sometimes loot remains of fallen enemies as bones or rarely even whole bodies.
Aspirant of undeath - You receive 20% less damage from dark magic, but double the damage from light magic and cannot be healed by it .
Newbie Necromant: Can store up to 100 necromantic energy and produces 1 per day.
Necromantic energy transfer: You may transfer your necomantic energy into a fitting medium.
Spells:
Raise corpse: Reanimate a dead body to fight for you. Costs 60 mana.
Orb of Necromancy: Fires an orb of raw necromantic energy, travelling a distance equal to wisdom in metres and dealing (Int/2 + Wis/2)/2 necromantic damage. Costs 10 mana.
Soul trap: Targets grant an amount of necromantic energy equal to 10% of their health upon . Costs 20 mana.
Necromancy:
Create Skeleton: 50 necromantic energy

The update did indeed bring changes, minor at first but highly valuable upon further inspection. Your Necromantic energy transfer and Soul trap are new, to appreciate their value it's necessary to understand the basic mechanics of Necromancy: minions that are gained by spells are limited in numbers, to create an actual army one must use the special necromancy magic which doesn't run on mana but necromantic energy(necrogy for short). You never managed to create a skeleton yet, they are far to expensive, it takes 50 days to amass that much necrogy, an amout of time you never managed to stay alife for before being killed by an accident, other npcs or players. All this could be changed now though, your new spell should see to that, you will (hopefully) be able to generate enough necrogy with weak enemies and maybe even critters to finally build yourself a few skeletons, which should kickstart your very own undead army, at last. In different news the crafting skills are new as well, but clearly unimportant in comparison, even more so since it makes no sense at all for you to smith (what? and with what?) and cooking will likely be the same as before, hoping your meat doesn't burn too much on the stones you lay in the fire.

And with that, todays action-plan is born, you'll farm necrogy to get yourself some actual troops for a change, you're fairly optimistic that the skeletons will be better than the near mindless zombie your normal spell procures. You don't have any further plans for today, just as much farming as possible. With your mind made up you look around the cave to gather what "equipment" you have, noting that the update seems to once again have reset your cave, you'll have to collect some moss and animal hides to sleep a bit more comfortable again and a bit of wood for a fire would be nice too. The good news though, you easily find your belongings in the empty cave, an old looking iron carving knife and a long, straight stick of oak wood you use as a staff, it even has a few simple patterns on the ends, adding a bit more decor. Your clothing isn't much to speak of either: a faded black robe to conceal your otherwise bare chest and hide at least the upper part of your conveniently mostly under the robes hem torn and tattered faded brown pant ending in nerly fallen apart shoes. With your glorious weapons and armor donned you stride out of your cave, and onto the plateau directly in its front.

This is where you live, a mountainside cave of Mt. Imporne, a vast forest at its foot, with numeral villages and just a few small towns as well as one of medium size not too far away and of course numerous interesting places scattered all over the region. It isn't even really a question whether you should go up into the mountain or down to the forest, the woods are far more likely to present farming opportunities for you and make it easier to avoid the too powerful enemies. You beginn your descent, towards finally having some real success as a necromancer, towards finally getting the power you always wanted.

How does the day continue?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)