More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Fiftyfiftyfifty Fiftyfiftyfifty

Onwards to the next page.

A: The asura approached.

With a confident stride, the asuran man made his way across the tavern while his golem companion whizzled and clunked behind him with a backpack stuffed to the brim. Upon closer inspection, he looked quite fancy indeed, and when he spoke, he presented himself with impressive charisma. For such a small body, his voice was loud and clear. He definitely had experience with people.

"Speaking of asura," muttered the man at the counter. "Better cover up, toots."

"Toots?!" Alora replied sharply. She turned, and saw the short man standing nearby. She did instinctively cover up when she heard that, but of course asura weren't that tiny. He couldn't see anything even if she was a foot off the ground again. It would be close, however.

"Greetings, m'lady!" spoke the asura. "My name is Lito Goldmaster, the most note-worthy merchant of my size around the Reach! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, as you are a woman of such important stature, as well as such beauty." He bowed.

Alora was immediately persuaded to listen after that compliment. She was pretty easily swayed by flattery. "Oh, well that is true. Do you know me or something?"

"Hardly. I do know you are of the Wickerwood name--sister of Kerensa. But that is because I know of all the family names of note around the city. I have never interacted with you nor your sister in the past. Sadly. I'm remedying that now, thankfully."

"I am pretty important, I suppose," Alora muttered and rubbed the back of her neck. She was enjoying the situation a little too much.

The gruff man beside her rolled his eyes.

The asura grinned. "You keep such magnificence locked away in this dark, gloomy bar. Upon seeing you, I've come up with an absolutely ingenious idea. I know somebody such as yourself doesn't require additional wealth, but I have a job offer that might interest you. I can certainly still compensate you, but what I believe you'll really want is the opportunity to show everybody else how charismatic and great you are."

She tapped a finger against her cheek. "I don't know. I'm not really interested in working."

"Job might not be the right word, as you'd hardly be working. You see, I've been stumped about how to sell my goods even more effectively. What I came up with was bring Lady Alora Wickerwood, the lovely but powerful mage, to be a performer that attracts customers by simply doing what she always does. Then, once their attention is grabbed, I'll sell them the products and they'll know your face. And then you can pocket a bunch of gold from the deal, and treat yourself! Cakes! Jewellery! Anything! We'll be rich."

Hm. I admit, I had absolutely nothing else planned. I've been pretty bored lately. This might actually be a golden opportunity. Plus, I'm not nearly as wealthy as he thinks I am. Our noble house is basically gone, she thought.

Onwards to the next page.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)