More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by lifesfun lifesfun

What subject do you have first?

You stay home from school.

You woke up feeling groggy. No, maybe groggy wasn't the right word. Your eyes felt heavy, and your throat sore; you definitely were coming down with something. Not wanting to risk going to school sick and starting a bug around your class, you called your mother with a raspy voice.

"Yes, sweetie? You have to be quick, I have to go to work, and I'm already late." she said, rushing up the stairs.

"Mom, I don't feel too well" you creaked. Your mother, usually a cynic when it comes to kids staying home "sick" (Your older sister had ruined that), looked at you with definite worry on her face, which confirmed your suspicions that you looked like something out of a horror movie.

"Oh, dear." she cooed, as she rubbed your face. "Let me get my phone and call the school, there is no way you're in any condition to be up and about."

Maybe it was the delirium, but you almost thought you saw a rise in her business skirt. But just as quick as you thought you saw it, she was out of the room and back again with some medicine. Great. You thought this would be a fantastic opportunity to finally complete that video game, but with all of these pumped into you, combined with the cold, that makes it a lot more difficult. Your mom recognized your attitude almost immediately. "Dougie, you have to take this. Otherwise, there's a worse medicine that might make you feel better but I definitely think you prefer this."

She administers a few swigs of a viscous pink syrup, and then is off to work. Set alone in your room, you wonder how you should best approach the day.

What do you do first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)