More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Garf Garf

Who was I?

Wilhelm 'Willie' Hauer, adventurer and explorer. And a pervert.

Thanks to horatio_bones for inspiration regarding our protagonist. His story "Set in Amazonia" is well worth your time!

At the age of 35, I had achieved what only a handful of other people had in human history - I had done both The Seven Summits and climbed all fourteen 8000rs. Less than fifty people in that club, and I was one of them. I'd wind-surfed off the coast of South-Africa and hang-glided over the volcanos of Kamchatka. I'd cycled the Pan-American Highway, all the way from Prudhoe Bay to Ushuala - though I had had to paddle in a kayak across the Barian Gap. I had been busy preparing for the completion of my Adventurer's Grandslam - I still had to ski to both the North and the South Poles - when news of my grandfather's passing reached me. He had inspired me to become a mountain climber and an explorer in the first place, so I had put everything else on hold as I rushed back to him.

I hadn't expected much of an inheritance, but the mirror was a surprise. Still, it was a pretty thing and I took an admiring glance at myself. I had certainly been lucky with the genetic lottery, and wealthy background had brought all of its privileges with it. Movie-star looks, respectable salt'n'pepper hair, chiselled physique, and piercing blue eyes - yeah, I really couldn't complain. And neither had the ladies. As a lark, I undressed and waved my dick like a helicopter in front of the mirror. Grandfather had always said that we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously, and if a German man cannot flail his penis in front of a full-body mirror, then what is the point of living?

Despite my legendary athletism, something made me trip. Perhaps a loose floorboard, or my jeans, or perhaps it was fate. Because as I fell forward, instead of the expected shards of glass and pain and blood, I instead felt lightheaded and weightless for an abrupt moment that felt both like an eternity and the instant at the same time, and then I was through the mirror.

This was pretty disconcerting but I was quickly back on my feet, nakedness damned, and took in my surroundings. The room I was in looked simple enough, with plum-painted walls and a white carpet, but no windows at all to speak of. There were just two white doors to my left and right. The left-hand door had the image of a clothes-hangar painted in black, and the other had what looked like an artist’s brush. The room’s furniture consisted of two, white leather couches with a glass coffee table between them. Along the far wall were bookshelves lined with books that had no titles and were only numbered in Roman numerals on their spine. Standing right in front of me was a naked woman with her hands behind her back. She was gorgeous, with amazing curves including an amazing pair of teardrop-shaped breasts, bi-coloured eyes (one blue, one green), lightly freckled pale skin, and blood red hair, which I could only assume was dyed. I wasn’t paying much attention to the hair, however, as my eyes were trained on her breasts, specifically their puffy, pink nipples.

“The seal has been set.” She said, cryptically. “Hello Master, how may I help you?” She then smiled brightly and beautifully at me.

This would be the most elaborate scheme ever. I crouched down to a fighting stance - you didn't become a world-famous explorer without learning a few tricks to defend yourself, after all.

"I'm warning you, lady, I am fully capable of incapacitating you and your henchmen, wherever they might be lurking, even naked", I stated. The woman merely cocked her head.

"I do not understand. You are not in danger while in this place. You are the Master", she said, as if that should explain everything. Well, it didn't look like I was in any danger, and since we were both wearing our birthday suits, my curiosity got the better of me.

"What is this place?"

"This is the Studio. In here, the Master can design and create new worlds in peace and quiet with my assistance. In a sense, I am an extension of the Studio, taking such a form that the previous Master found helpful and useful", she explained.

"So the mirror was a portal of some kind", I mused aloud. It was insane, but my gut instinct was telling me that she was telling the truth. And on some level, it made sense. Grandfather had always had a curious sense of zen around him, despite all the struggles of life, and he was a neverending fountain of crazy stories. I always thought he had been a little bit crazy, but now I realized that his stories had to have been originating from the Studio, and whatever escapades he got up to here, were the secret behind his calm.

"Okay. I believe you, Studio. What can you do? Or rather, what can I do here?" I asked her. She nodded and pointed at the doors.

"You are currently outside the space-time continuum or Minkowski space. In a sense, you are outside reality, in another dimension, if that is easier for you to comprehend. For all practical purposes, time does not pass here. No matter how long you stay in the Studio or a world created by the Studio, once you return to your old frame of reference, time will not have passed at all in respect to that frame of reference. The same thing applies to any world created by the Studio", she explained.

I nodded. I had gone to university, back when my parents still hoped that I would take the reigns of the family business, and had dabbled in physics as a good German boy should, so I had sufficient understanding of general relativity to get the gist of what she was saying.

"And the doors?"

"They are the practical tools of creation. The Artist's Room", she pointed at the door with a paintbrush on it, "has all the tools necessary to create an entire world, including everything from geology to meteorology to astronomy to physics, as well as its flora and fauna, inhabitants and even its history."

Whoa, mama.

"The Dressing Room", she pointed at the door with a coat hanger on it, "has all the tools necessary for you to enjoy the world you created. You can alter your appearance, clothing, and equipment any way you wish, to better fit in a world, or perhaps to stand out if you so wish."

That was convenient.

"That's... something alright", I let out. Even to me, a cosmopolitan adventurer, it was a lot to take in. Just to stay grounded, I walked to the Artist's Room. The place was full of various creative tools. I immediately spotted an easel, a writing desk, a block of marble and a stool, even a variety of musical instruments. There was much more, enough that it was a bit overwhelming.

"It would take a lifetime to create a world. JRR Tolkien created the most authentic fantasy world known to man, and he wasn't finished even after forty years of work", I say to her as I walk around the tools.

"That is why I am here, Master. You do not need to create every little detail yourself. I can follow instructions and guidelines, to complete tasks faster than what you can, allowing the Master to focus on what is most important to them", she promised.

A thought suddenly occurred to me. "The previous Master, my grandfather, is the world he created still here?" The woman nodded. "Yes, the previous Master created only a single world, as he enjoyed it so much he had no interest in creating others. That world has been in stasis since his last visit", she went on.

"More? So it is possible to have more than one world existing simultaneously?" I asked and again she nodded.

"Right. Put his world into safe storage or something. I might want to look at how he amused himself later, but for now, I feel my creative juices running freely!"

"As you wish Master", the woman answered. The lights in the room dimmed for a second before everything went back to normal.

"You are now free to create what you want", she announced.

What kind of world will Willie create?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)