More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by ten-tackle ten-tackle

Who do you come to the Affection Multiplier?

What is this? Another Devil Fruit?

[Contrived contrivance incoming. In this story the AM is a Devil Fruit power and this chapter is the protagonist getting it, realizing what it does.]

You've been a vagabond subsisting on bounty hunting as you could, but these became rarer and rarer. You were in Shell Town, when you found out why: unbeknownst to you, you've been following the trail of one Roronoa Zoro, the alleged best swordsmen in the East Blue. And now he was locked up with the son of the captain obviously intending to kill him. A real shame, you always liked picking up new skills.

You wandered the beach, when you stumbled on something you thought you'd never see again in your life: A Devil Fruit. It looked like a man on hallucinogenic had attempted to draw a peeled coconut. You thought hard whether you should eat or sell it. On one side, you didn't know what it did and your brother had mentioned a horrible taste and that it felt like he hadn't eaten a thing directly afterwards. What spoke against selling was, that everybody with enough money to buy it could likely also rob you.

You were still contemplating, when you walked into someone, whose face you recognized: Oshiri Kyodai, serial killer and had a woman pressed up against a wall in a dark alley. While his bounty of 5 million belly was mainly due to how horrific his crimes were and not reflective of his danger as a fighter, you were still confident, that you couldn't take him out, while his knife was still at the woman's throat.

You prayed that your plan worked: You loudly cleared your throat and said: “Excuse me sir, ma'am? Did either of you drop this?” You pointed at the Devil Fruit you've put on the floor next to you.

Oshiri turned to you, recognized the Fruit for what it was and said: “Oh thanks for noticing, would you be so kind and bring it over to me?”

“I don't think I should touch your food, sir. I've got an infectious disease ...”

“It's all right just wait there so I can thank you, when I come pick it up.” He came closer and pulled the scared woman with him. You had to make him let her go so you went for the Fruit: “You know, I think I'll eat it myself.”

“Don't you dare!” It was working: He was no longer holding his knife to her throat but was instead threatening you with it, but she was still to scared to try and run. You lifted the fruit to your mouth and he let the woman go and ran at you.

You were unsure what happened next. Not in the sense, that you got overwhelmed in the “fight”, but that you somehow ended up with the fruit in your mouth, but also swallowing it, two things you would have considered mechanically impossible. It was especially confusing since the fight had been you kicking his funny bone to disarm him and then driving his own knife through his eye socket into his brain.

His would-be-victim was still there. You looked her over for signs of injury and couldn't help but notice, that she was quite pretty. You've heard, that after surviving a dangerous situation people found people more attractive and you wished you knew if it was enough for her to agree to a one night stand and suddenly you could see it: You looked at her and could just … see how much she liked you in numbers. 55/100. Likely for saving her life. “Are you all right? I hope I got him away from you before he could do anything.”

58/100

“Thank you so much! I don't even want to think about what he wanted to do to me.”

“Do you want me to accompany to wherever you want to go, or will you be alright?”

61/100

“Thank you again, but my home is right around the corner, I doubt I'll be assaulted on the last 100 meters again.” She smiled at you.

“I should thank you, I'm always happy to meet nice people and I get to turn in his bounty.”

62/100 So she didn't like that one as much.

“You can consider it as my way of paying you back.” You were sure you saw her wink at you.

“How about we enjoy a nice dinner together? My treat!”

60/100 Ouch!

“I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't have the time.”And she was gone.

[To be clear: This woman is not supposed to be homophobic, but simply not appreciate being hit on after just being assaulted by a ]

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)