More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by gmbynight gmbynight

Name of the game and the players?

Undine's cursed dice, a stolen pirate game

Johnathan was still shaking his head. The things he would do for a crush were a lot, but he never thought they could be so stupid. A pirate costume party... a fucking pirate costume party... That's why he and Rosa had drove a hundred miles to this Medieval Fair to buy some clothing that at least would be more cool than some cheap costume shop version. This, of course, was Rosa's idea. She had insisted, in the most obnoxious way possible of course, making sure to tease him with the fact that Claire's interest in tailoring would definitely impress her. It had worked... and now they were here.

They didn't waist the opportunity, and actually had some fun drinking mead and playing some classic fair games while they were shopping for clothes. They were eating some cotton candy when their eyes were brought to a small stand, where an older woman dressed in red and black robes was selling cheap plastic tarot cards and other small classic sets. "Cool! Liar's dice! Perfectly in theme! How much for it?" Screamed Rosa approaching the lady. Johnathan followed her keeping quiet, as he had done all morning.

"Seventeen dollars, or I could give you this version for thirty..." Answered the woman with a curled smile as she produced a second small box from behind her robes, it was old and consumed. On the cover of the box was written Undine's Curse - A Liar's Dice and under that was drawn the titular wooden cup filled with dice, only the cup had the image of a naked mermaid carved on it.

Rosa mumbled something under her breath, moving a flame red lock of hair from her forehead and back behind her ears. "No... I think I will buy the normal set, thank you very much!" And as she did that she first placed the money on the counter and then she opened her shopping bag over the table, accidentally knocking over some tarot sets. As the lady went to grab the decks under the stand, Rosa thanked her again and then she and Johnathan left.

"Now we have something to play with if the party is too boring!" Exclaimed Rosa opening the bag in front of John the moment they had taken a bit of distance. She had grabbed the cool variant set instead of the regular one... "Seriously?" Was all that Johnathan could muster.

"A pirate's life for me!"

Can we have the rules first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)