More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by I_Love_Cats I_Love_Cats

What's next?

The vast, dystopian world of Arknights.

"Agh-!" You entered the portal and then immediately you found yourself hitting the ground and getting a face full of metal flooring. "Oww!! Damn, I thought I was supposed to stay in my ghost form or something..." You shook your head in frustration to clear it up as you got up, dusting off your clothes of the dirt that got onto it. "Did this thing malfunction for a second...?" You looked to the watch and pressed the button again and transformed into your ghost form once more. "Where am I anyways...?" You then looked around yourself and found that you fell into some sort of storage room. "Maybe one of these containers could give me an idea..." You sighed as you floated over to one of the metallic containers. On the container you saw a logo with a Chess Rook as its center and the name "Rhodes Island" located right below it. As you read it, you nodded as you were now able to confirm your location.

"Alright, so I didn't just randomly teleport into some odd location on Earth. That's good... would've tried to sue the hell out of that company if that were the case." You checked the other containers and found that they were the same as the first one. "....Huh, got to hand it to you, watch, at least you weren't lying...Still, didn't think I would actually ever end up in Arknights... I was prepared to be pranked and just get blasted back into my room." You whistled in amusement. "So...I'm in the Rhodes Island landship~? Well, I definitely could've ended up in worse places in Terra, for a start, haha!" You laughed to yourself, which died down in record speed as the doors to the storage room were opened.

"I'm telling you, Texas, it's gonna be a rat or something. There's no way someone snuck on-board!" You heard a female voice say in an easy-going manner.

"It's better to ensure that ourselves instead of leaving it to speculation, Exusiai." Texas scolded her partner as the pair made their way inside, not necessarily with any caution, but they certainly were on guard, weapons at the ready. "It would be a bad look for Penguin Logistics if the supplies we just finished getting on the ship were to be destroyed or stolen by some random assailant.

You yourself gulped nervously, not really sure whether they could see you or not, despite being in ghost form. You listened to the pair idly chatter until they rounded the line of containers where you were. You held your breath as you hoped you wouldn't be noticed. Both girls then went and thoroughly checked the line you were in, thankfully ignoring you in the process, which made your heart feel at ease. Eventually, the two finished their inspection.

"See, must've been a rat!" Exusiai spoke smugly as she and Texas both made their way out.

"Perhaps, let's just hope we didn't leave any area untouched. Still, let's report back to the Doctor and Amiya, my guess right now then is that it was just a malfunction in the ship's security system that led to that unusual, but brief, signal blip on the camera's sensors." Texas shrugged as she popped a chocolate pocky stick in her mouth.

"Yeah yeah~ Let's just get this over with so we can chill with the others again~!" Exusiai nodded energetically as they both left the room.

Afterwards, the doors closed, leaving you alone once more. "....Haaaa..." You exhaled a breath of relief you didn't even realize you were holding in. "That felt like my life would've ended right then and there...this whole place is odd enough to begin with..." You shook your head, slowly gaining confidence in your ability to remain hidden from any individual as long as you don't suddenly transform back into your physical form, you felt it would be okay to explore for now. "Alright, let's see who's in so far!" You shouted enthusiastically as you phased through the doors of the room.

***

"I figured this place would be big...but wow...it's REALLY BIG! Maybe those online forums had it right in guessing Rhodes Island was over 800 meters..." You were in awe of how large the actual landship was. "Heh...I wish I could see the looks on all their faces if I could confirm it's size right now~" You chuckled as you explored the wide expanse of the landship. "It's incredibly clean and organized. As expected of the maintenance crew." You nodded in approval as you went through the hallways and open areas, admiring the sleek designs of the ship and its construction. Additionally, you began to encounter quite a number of Operators along the way, whether in groups or alone, it seemed like the majority of the Operators you normally use were also currently staying over. "Amazing...they look so amazing...~" You took the time to admire the sense of realness that the 2D sprites on your phone could never hold as you view each Operator in full view now. "They look even better now than ever before...seeing them behind a screen is nothing to seeing them up close and personal...~" You spouted out exuberantly.

"Now then...~ I think it's time for a different kind of "exploration"! I can't stay a ghost forever!" You declared out loud, though nobody could hear you in that form. "Thankfully, I have a ton of options to choose from!" You smiled as you went for your first choice.

Who are you going to start saying hello in?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)