More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by PhoenixAuthor PhoenixAuthor

Welcome to my branch of THE AFFECTION MULTIPLIER

The first day

When I rolled up to Point Springs in my less than incredible car, I was less than excited. It wasn’t quite as fancy in person as the brochures made it look, but it’s not like I was expecting amazingness. Except for the people who were local, it was mostly a refuge for the less than adequate. Hm, maybe I should stop saying ‘less than’. Anyways, as I would learn, there were a few very intelligent people at Point Springs, but not many.

When I walked in, I was greeted by a friendly guy in his twenties, sipping beer from a Solo cup.

“Hey, man!” he grinned, and held up his hand for a fist-bump. I obliged, and he took another swig of beer. I’ve had beer. I like beer, but whatever was in his cup smelled like dog shit. But he drank it like it was nectar of the gods, so whatever.

“I’m Sammy. I’m kind of the unofficial guy in charge of the West Wing here.” he puffed out his chest. Sammy looked like a surfer, with sun-bleached blond hair tied back in a man-bun, a blue tank top and khaki shorts. Oh, and flip flops.

“You’re in charge?” I chuckled.

“Ok, well, no. I’m one of the more senior students. Arguably the most senior, actually.” Sammy said proudly. I sighed.

“How long have you been here?” I lifted an eyebrow.

“This is my tenth year.” he grinned.

“What?!?” I exploded.

“Just kidding, man. It’s only my fifth. And my final year, as well, mind you. Finally got a girl who’s got brains AND tits. Perfect combo.” he grinned. I sighed again. This Sammy guy didn’t seem particularly my speed, but he was friendly.

“Well, I’m a freshman here. Can you show me to my dorm?” I asked hopefully.

“Sure man! What’s the dorm number?” Sammy asked.

“It’s, uh, 4-77.” I told him.

“Right! So that’s fourth floor, room 77.” he smiled.

“That’s a lot of rooms.” I said, “Especially for a smaller college.”

“Well, the dorms here are single sleepers. Mostly. They have a few group dorms, which do about eight, but those are mostly the crazy party people.” Sammy imparted his wisdom.

“Um, thanks. So... elevator?” I prompted.

“Oh! Through there.” he grinned, and pointed to the doors.

“You’re not coming with?” I asked him.

“Nuh uh. Gotta stay here and watch for any new ladies... I mean students. Yeah, students.” Sammy nodded. I chuckled despite myself and headed to the elevator. As the doors were closing, I heard a voice cry out.

“Hold it!”. I quickly grabbed the door, and was glad I did when I caught a glimpse of the girl who slid into the elevator.

She was a beautiful blond, and had amazing breasts, but seemed really shy. She wore black glasses that gave her a pretty cute look, I had to admit. I let her be, as I wasn’t a particularly big extrovert myself. She wordlessly pushed the fifth floor button, and I got out first, lugging my suitcase as I kept walking to my dorm. It was a hell of a walk, too. The elevator spat me out beside Dorm 1, so I had to walk for a WHILE to get to 77. When I finally did, I opened the door with the code I’d been emailed, though there was also a slot for a key. I walked into my dorm, and took it in. It wasn’t particularly impressive, in all honesty.

A dim living room with a couch, and a decent size TV. There was a small kitchenette off to the side, and a double bed in your bedroom, though the bed took up most of the space, and you had a bathroom attached to your bedroom, and there was one on the other side of the dorm for guests.

Looking back on it, that day seemed so... bland. Things would have worked out different if the Affection Multiplier had appeared then. But it didn’t. It was three months before that thing came, and brought me back from the brink of giving up on proving a point to my parents.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)