More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dthoris dthoris

What's next?

The IT Manager’s New Clothes

Debbi was distraught, after a meteoric rise, things had taken a turn for the worst. For the third straight week Debbi’s team’s productivity had declined substantially, and her boss Jeff was not happy. She’d tried every management trick she learned in college; she’d even resorted to a little of the flirtation & teasing she used on her climb to the position, but nothing worked. It was as though her team wanted her to fail!

As she exited Jeff’s office, Debbi sought out her secretary Carol and began to confide in her about the worrisome sit down she had just had. “’Stop the bleeding’ he had said ‘or we’ll have to reevaluate your position here’” Debbi explained. Truth be told Debbi wasn’t even quite sure what that meant? “Reevaluate”? Would she lose her office and be returned to the cubicles? Or worse, would she be looking for a new job?

Carol on the other hand was well aware how the men & women of the office had grown increasingly frustrated with the teasing team lead. As a plan began to form in Carol’s mind, she thought perhaps there was a way to get everyone what they want, and if everything worked out as she hoped, Debbi would be none the wiser. “Don’t you worry Deb, I’ll straighten things out with Jeff.” she told Debbi, a somewhat wicked grin showing across her face.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)