More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by superanon1234 superanon1234

Where do you head with your coin?

The Freelancers' tavern the Tipsy Tankard

You exit the guildhall in the early evening with a celebratory ale in mind.

Beelining your way to the tavern you stop briefly to consider your hometown with a fresh set of luckier eyes. This was Buckley, once an imperial outpost that has now ballooned into a small city. You've spent most of your time in the slums, safe from the untamed wilderness outside the walls but not safe from much else. But soon you'll have more than your keen wits and fast hands, you'll have some spending money! Buckley has a whole merchant's quarter that you've only seen while waiting for the blacksmith to repair your adventuring equipment. Once you complete a quest with this special coin you'll be able to live in some luxury and drink at the Golden Goblet, the nicest tavern in town.

But for now you find yourself at the familiar door to the Tipsy Tankard. Inside you find the place as lively as ever. This is the largest inn in town to accommodate traveling adventurers and freelancers who don't have the steady income for a local house. It's loud and crowded with its long tables filled with dozens of wannabe heroes and mercenaries of all walks of life. This would be the perfect place for you to bribe a sexy female companion to join you on a quest!

You walk up to the bar and order an ale from the barmaid. A young, heavyset redhead woman who is just about the only girl in town you've managed to befriend. "Ah Ty you have a bit more spring in your step! You snatch a heavy purse today?" she responds as you pass a copper over the counter. "Oh very funny Jenny, but it's a lot better than that..." You trail off as your eyes scout the lively tavern.

Who do you approach for an adventure?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)