More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by superanon1234 superanon1234

Who do you approach for an adventure?

A Pragmatic Half-Elf Sorceress

You slowly sip your ale, searching for the perfect companion. Ideally it would be someone competent in a fight, smart enough to realize taking an easy quest would be the best value for the Guildmaster's Coin, and (well, obviously) sexy. As you swirl around the last sip in the bottom of the tankard you spot someone. Taking the last gulp, you order 2 fresh tankards from Jenny and saunter over.

In the back of the tavern you find a couple of gnomes in a heated argument with a gorgeous redhead in a low cut, emerald green robe. An thick text book is open on the center of the table as the gnomes stand on barstools jabbing thier fingers at the page. The gnomes are squabbling in a language you don't understand but the redhead is nodding along with her hand cupped around her throat. You catch a faint blue glow sifting through her fingers. After listening to them argue for a few more moments she starts speaking the same gibberish as the blue light filtering from her hand intensifies. Whatever her response was, the gnomes did not seem satisfied with it. They slam the book shut, hop off their stools and march away in a huff. The green-robed woman lifts her hand from her throat before shaking it a few times as the other hand raises itself to massage a temple. Under her fingers she starts to glare at you before taking the tankard out of your grasp and sipping gingerly at it. You take this as a sign to sit as she keeps her eyes on you over her cup. As you finally sit, she lowers her drink saying, "Well now, who might you be? You don't appear to be a bar maid, which means you're either hitting on me or your mother never taught you that it's impolite to eavesdrop on peoples' private conversations." Ouch, not exactly the warm start you were hoping for. As you open your mouth to respond she cuts you off with, "nevertheless that spell always dries my mouth out, so I'm appreciative of the free drink. My name is Wynn Zelari."

You put on your best smile to try and recover the first impression. As you take a sip from your tankard you get a closer inspection of your table mate. Wynn has long, dark red hair bound in a tight braid that lays across one shoulder. Her complexion is fair and you spot a few freckles around her nose. Small but noticably pointed ears indicate some elvish ancestry but her average human hight and above average human bosom say that she can't be more than half elf. You place your ale down and start, "It's a pleasure Wynn. My name is Ty Goldleaf, and I had a more of a business proposition for you than a romantic one. I noticed you consulting with those gnomes and using magic freely, are you a wizard of some sort?" Wynn eyes you suspiciously at the question. "Well Mister Goldleaf if this is a truly professional endeavor than I'd like you to address me with some respect. Miss Zelari if you will. Secondly, if you must know, I am a sorceress. I can tap directly into the etheric weave of mana coursing through the land. Wizards merely use dusty tomes to conjure minor manifestations while-" You sort of zone out after the word "etheric", never one with any magical aptitude. Wynn seems content to go on explaining why she "still needs to study arcane grimoires" and why "you should never trust a warlock" as you nod patiently and politely. After a few minutes that sort of fly over your head Wynn looks at you expectantly, you fear you missed the question.

"Yes, well, taking all that into account Wy- Ms Zelari I was hoping you'd agree to come with me on a quest, something befitting your powers as a sorceress. Care to meet me at the guild hall tomorrow morning?" You end your question by placing the Guildmaster's Coin on the table for Wynn's inspection. She holds it up in the light and taps it with a small scaly talisman that she pulls from a pocket in her robe. Wynn turns and rummages through her satchel for a moment looking for something before turning to back to you. "Very well, if there's a suitable quest. I can always use more coin for my magic studies. Now if you'll excuse me." Your hopes of getting a few moments to get to know Wynn better over drinks are dashed as she leaves her half-filled tankard on the table and exits the tavern. You cock a grin as you turn and watch her leave, your eyes tracing the outline of her pert ass as she strolls off. Wynn may be a bit cold but the view is certainly nice.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)