More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by enthusiast enthusiast

What's next?

The Charity Auction !

It was late on Thursday afternoon when her boss Jeff came into Debbi's office. "Are you going to be free tomorrow evening and on Saturday Deb ?" he asked. "Yeah, no plans. It's all a bit quiet this weekend" she answered. "Excellent, you can do a couple of things for me then." "Uh Huh ?" she asked enquiringly. It had sounded more like an order than a request. "You know I belong to the Noble Society of the Most Esteemed Elks ?" he announced proudly. Debbi struggled to keep a straight face. She did not know that, but it did not surprise her. It was the kind of pompous nonsense that Jeff would involve himself with. His wife Audrey was a Conservative local councillor and they were forever trying to ingratiate themselves with the local elite.

"It's a social gathering of all the most influential members of society in the area but our proudest achievement is all the great work we do for charity." "Go on" said Debbi, trying at the same time to carry on with her work. "Our chosen charity this year is the most famous specialist children's hospital in London. You know about all the splendid work they do ?" "It's famous" agreed Debbi. "It's a great cause." "I'm glad you approve" continued Jeff. "Tomorrow's the annual charity auction in the local lodge and we can guarantee to raise tens of thousands of pounds" "Wonderful" remarked Debbi, a little bored. "There's a traditional star auction lot that always brings in the most money and this year they've nominated me to provide it" said Jeff. "That's great for you" replied Debbi, still wondering why he was bothering to tell her all this. "What is it ?"

Jeff explained. "We have an attractive young business executive who works for one of the guild members and we auction her services for the following day to the highest bidder !" Debbi was suddenly shocked into full attention. "Not any kind of sexual services of course" Jeff added hurriedly. "Just a little light hearted fun." "It all sounds a bit demeaning and sexist in this day and age Jeff" objected Debbi. "Oh I know we live in politically correct times but it is always the biggest money spinner and it is for such a deserving cause." "And that's what you want me for tomorrow evening and Saturday ?" asked Debbi. "It is indeed and it would not go unnoticed either when the annual reviews come around shortly." The potent mixture of helping such a good cause and an implied threat of unfortunate consequences to her immediate career prospects if she refused, Debbi to set aside her misgivings and she agreed to take part as requested.

A few minutes later, Jeff was on the phone to his lodge elder. "So you have a choice candidate Jeff ? " he asked. "I do, quite a stunner in her own little way." "Admirable. Let's hope for her sake that the Khans don't don't win the bidding again. Remember Gordon's poor girl from last year ?" They both laughed heartily at the memory.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)